Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could help me please!!

I have an 07 plate 107, a few times recently I have totally struggled to get into gear, especially 1st and 2nd. It has only recent happened and I have had the car since March this year. Turning a corner today going from 4th to 2nd I had to stop the car completely as it was not letting me go into 2nd gear at all. When I stopped the car it wouldn't let me get into any gear at all? But once I set off again it was ok driving but still struggling to get into gear. Could this be the cold weather?? Or needing something fixed??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Might be a bad engine mount or the linkage from the gearshift to the gearboxtry to shake the engine to see if its move

·
6,255 Posts
As above could be gear linkage or mount. Do you get any noise from the clutch eg a clicking noise on engagement etc.

There is a known issue with early 107's with the clutch plate snapping the drive straps. This can cause clicking when one goes and difficult selecting gears sometimes. The rest then break over time making it harder to get gears and then intermittent loss of drive.

Later cars clutches where a stronger design taken from the Yaris which should also be supplied as the replacement from any motor factors or dealers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No clicking no. Just very stiff, this has happened about 3/4 times now, unsure what to do, either it be the cold weather or something to do with the car? Sometimes when going into a gear it gets slower and makes a different noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts