Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Been getting this strange noise when driving coming from what sounds like the front drives side. Changed the drop links and D bushes ( both sides ) and still got the noise. I was thinking the spring might be broken ? As I’ve had similar noises on a 207cc with a rear damaged shock. Any help would be amazing.

here is the noise :

thank you

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
689 Posts
If the spring was broken, you could see it, normally springs see sagging effect, which is apparent after long drive when you look on a level surface comparing both sides. I suspect the noise might be from the strut itself or thrust bearing (9). If you are replacing the strut or thrust bearings or both, replace both sides of the chosen assemblies (left and right front ones), as this is best practice.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the spring was broken, you could see it, normally springs see sagging effect, which is apparent after long drive when you look on a level surface comparing both sides. I suspect the noise might be from the strut itself or thrust bearing (9). If you are replacing the strut or thrust bearings or both, replace both sides of the chosen assemblies (left and right front ones), as this is best practice.
Thank you for the diagram and description. I will take a look tomorrow and let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts