Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car was parked on a slope last night facing uphill and it rained last night,when I started this morning I heard a weird noise sounded like alternator belt tensioner rattle lasted about 5 seconds then shut up and the engine sounded very quiet,when I moved on to the straight water p***ed out from drain holes behind front wheels,when I drove the car it went like f*** and was very powerful and felt brilliant,could water of got down on the belt and on speed sensor by crank and done something or could I have a dirty speed sensor and water on it made a better signal or what do you think?if timing has been out before and now its gone right would car of ran bad before,car has 40,000 on it.1.6 hdi.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
if your variable vein actuator pulls up all the way when you start the car does that rule out the turbo electrovalve from being faulty?the way the car drove yesterday proves that I have never had the full power from it,i thought it was ok but yesterday proves that it isn't.something is causing it to be down on power,so far I have cleaned egr,new maf genuine,full service inc all filters turbo checked when serviced at peugeout,no shaft play,no fault codes on lexia apart from unexpected reinistilisation of the bsi,done bsi reset no different starts straight away hot or cold,no smoke, any ideas what to look for chaps as I have to get it driving like yesterday as it was fantastic.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right still hunting for the power loss problems have tried everything except egr valve which is my next port of call,when the car is running right the idle seems smoother and the whole engine is quiet,when its not right it sounds more diesely,i have been told to disconnect the egr multiplug and try it but if it was stuck open a little bit disconnecting plug would not rule it out would it ?also no fault codes stored,do these play up without a fault showing ,if you are driving along cruising in 6th gear and clutch in and change down and accelerate it feels like the revs have dropped to quick and you get a hesitation.another question for you guys in the know why do you have to have a sotware update after replacing egr valve?many thanks guys.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right have tried with egr disconnected and no better,cant find the answer to this one neither can my Peugeot dealer,how do you check for a blocked cat?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well no need to look for power probs now car dosent have any. misses was going to work and someone who was coming towards her fell asleep and took her right out she is in hospital with dislocated shoulder and bad whiplash and cuts and bruises.car is completely fecked.

·
Registered
171 Posts
well no need to look for power probs now car dosent have any. misses was going to work and someone who was coming towards her fell asleep and took her right out she is in hospital with dislocated shoulder and bad whiplash and cuts and bruises.car is completely fecked.
Very sorry to hear that mate, I do hope she recovers soon (the missus that is!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts