Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

It took quite a while to get approved for the forum, but glad to say I made it at last.

I am a recent 'New Owner' of a 307cc 2.0 (138) 04 plate and on the whole love it, but you guessed it, I got a few niggles.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the bulk of these are related, to what I don’t know so that is why I have come to consult the experts.

I will just simply list the faults first off then try to explain in a little more detail how the faults manifest them selves.

• Heated rear window not working.
  • Boot Mechanism Not Locked displays on MFD.
  • Auto Lock sends MFD into frenzy.
  • Beeping sound from rhs of dash, singe beep every minute or so.
  • Speakers 'wandering' from left to right & front to rear.
  • Roof mechanism not finishing open or close cycle fully.
  • Parking Sensors not working.
Heated Rear Window, just simply doesn’t work I have checked the fuse and that is ok.

Boot Mechanism Not Locked! this message displays once on start-up on the Multi Function Display, but if I switch on the Auto Lock function the MFD goes wild and constantly cycles through - Boot Mechanism Not Locked! - Auto Lock Activated (I think is the wording) - normal radio/ trip comp display. With each message displayed for a second or so.

The single beep occurs whenever the engine is running (it may do it with the engine off but ignition on, not sure) I thought I had read that if the temp display was flashing (i.e. ice warning) then this was accompanied by an intermittent beep and for the first time since getting it the temp rose well above the ice warning (+8 C) and the beeping continued.

I fitted a Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth hands-free kit not long after getting the car and was not aware of the speakers wandering before, but its not a severe, distinct problem, its quite subtle really, so could possibly have been there without the Parrot, It would be quite a hassle to remove the kit to prove it so may choose to live with this one.

I’m sure in the handbook it says when the roof has completed its cycle either open or close, the windows go back up and a beep is sounded, mine does not, but the roof does seem to operate ok other than that i.e. all windows drop the hood goes up or down then that’s it, the confusing bit though is a guy at my local Peugeot Dealer says that the windows should not go up on there own and he’s not aware of a beep to signify completion, but in reality I don’t know him from Adam, he could just be the 'sweeper upper'.

The Parking Sensors do not work, but I don’t even know if they are fitted or not. It has the four little pods let into the rear fender, but I don’t know if that is just a common moulding for all models regardless of whether the sensors are actually fitted into the pods or not, also not clear as to which is the correct fuse for that feature.

Well guys that is probably enough for my first post, and ideas that you chaps might have would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Moderators

Sorry, I didnt intentionally 'multiple post' this thread, the first two times I posted it, I got errors, so I assumed it had not posted, please delete the extras.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On the back of reading the this forum I would say get a volt meter on your battery first and see if it kicking out close to 12volts cos 307's don't like tired batteries even if they are capable of turning the engine over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What, just a simple multimeter? as I remember as a child my dad had a real heavy duty battery meter that pulled a heavy load as it tested, but dont know if this was for a different test. I have a really lightwieght test meter, is that the kind or thing your referring to?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i would do what dankelly just said regarding the battery but here are a few ideas for those faults.

- rear windscreen element has broken or connection has snapped, new rear windscreen is needed or if connection just resolder on.

- boot not locked, possibly the sensor/button has gotten stuck with grime and dirt, give it a clean worse case it has failed and needs replacing. also giving you the autolock error.

- beeps and speakers are possibly when you fitted the parrot system you may have disconnected the radio and the car has lost the "pairing" you will need to get this paired back up to your car by the dealer or by finding someone with planet.

- not sure on the roof opening and closing, someone may come forward regarding it.

- parking sensors, try and get to the back of those pods, if there is wires you have them, if not then you dont. will suggest more if they are there but dont work

hope this helps :thumb:

-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

Thanks for the comments, will try the battery test.

HRW, any ideas on where the contacts are located for the rear screen element, so I can check that out. BTW the indicator lamp for the HRW does not light either, if that helps the diagnosis.

Boot not locked, are you referring to the pushbutton in the 0 of the 307? BTW the boot is physically locked it just thinks its not

Radio, when I re-connected the radio after fitting the Parrot it did not even ask me for a code and aside from the wandering, the stereo works fine, so I assume the 'pairing' is ok or is 'pairing' and requiring a code a different thing? BTW the beep was definately present befor I fitted the Parrot.

I will try to find if there are any wires into the pods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts