Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Here's a little Puzzle/informative read for anyone who owns, wants to buy, or is having problems with a lexia/planet interface.
Owned mine for around 6 mths, and for the first 3, I had "NOTHING" but trouble. Simply couldn't get the dam thing to connect with the car, and time and time again I cleaned and Reloaded the software, thinking id missed something out in the "VERY" important steps required to load it.
It turned out, after all the messing around, I was barking up the wrong tree!!!.
After a little poking around with a multimeter, I discovered the lead had been put together incorrectly at the factory, and the wiring was crossed in the 16 pin plug which connects to the car, OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT................
Today ive discovered that my interface will only send data down two lines, the L and one K. (For those who don't know) The L line is basicley a trigger to get things working, and K lines Are the Business end, and have data flowing both ways, between comp and ECU's.
It turns out that, if I move the connector of the working K line between the individual terminals for Engine, ABS, Airbags etc, and select the appropriate test for each, individually, It works!!!.
Sorted everything out today, the lot, But god himself only knows why its doing it lol.
Does anyone have any clues??. Many thanks :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tbh bud, I'm not the kind that let's anything beat me, and during the time I've owned the interface, I've learned considerable amounts about how they work, and I'm not too far away now from having schematic's, and being able to repair them. I worked for many years in an industry which built similar gear for bt, and its a challenge for me :)

·
5,993 Posts
Tbh bud, I'm not the kind that let's anything beat me, and during the time I've owned the interface, I've learned considerable amounts about how they work, and I'm not too far away now from having schematic's, and being able to repair them. I worked for many years in an industry which built similar gear for bt, and its a challenge for me :)
If you can offer re-flash to change serial no (as Scarymistake) so interface will work with Diagbox V6+ you could make a good few quid.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not about the money gents lol. More about helping the average bod, who's brave enough to say no to rip off garages, and bring back car mechanics to where it belongs, the man on a sunday morning. Sounds like a rant lol, but half the reason our respective countrys have been in so much of a state, is people either have to shell out a fortune on buying something new these days, or to a garage to have what they already own put right!.
Sorry Peugeot lol, we brits fix our own :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts