Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last couple of days my DAB reception has been awful on my drive into work in the morning it keeps dropping out but on the return journey home in the afternoon it is fine and doesn't drop out at all,i'm assuming its atmospherics but has anybody else had the same issues.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I have other problems with the DAB setup, but I did improve reception by replacing the short aerial with a longer one, 65cm in length to be exact.

What is the little signal strength indicator telling you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have other problems with the DAB setup, but I did improve reception by replacing the short aerial with a longer one, 65cm in length to be exact.

What is the little signal strength indicator telling you?
when it is working on the station I listen to (absolute radio) the signal indicator is showing the lowest setting but normally that is enough but when it looses signal there is nothing on the indicator,on the journey home the indicator is at the lowest reading and it doesn't cut out at all,it has only happened the last couple of mornings.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You do have a weak signal then, so it wouldn't take much to cut out. The one problem with digital, it either works or it doesn't, not like FM where it gets fuzzy when a poor signal.
Probably atmospheric. Have you tried a selection of different DAB stations to see if they do it too?

My aerial swap certainly improved DAB reception. Mine cuts out whenever I select reverse gear. Signal strength drops to nothing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do have a weak signal then, so it wouldn't take much to cut out. The one problem with digital, it either works or it doesn't, not like FM where it gets fuzzy when a poor signal.
Probably atmospheric. Have you tried a selection of different DAB stations to see if they do it too?

My aerial swap certainly improved DAB reception. Mine cuts out whenever I select reverse gear. Signal strength drops to nothing.
yes it seems to happen on all stations but it was slightly better this morning but it seemed to happen on a small section of my journey at Newmarket so I wonder if something has changed in the area to interfere with reception,before Newmarket it was fine and after Newmarket it was fine but in between it would cut out momentarily but its weird that on my return journey it is fine all the way home.maybe my unit needs an update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts