Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi wonder if ne body can help jumped in tha car thismornin and wen turning left the cars making a strange clunking noise.cheers matthew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm? We have also experienced a rather alarming 'clunking' sound (307SW '03) - though not only when turning left. We think it could be something to do with the brakes, possibly the anti-skid mechanism? As we also sometimes get the red warning light that ABS is disabled.

We've swung by a garage but as ever it tends not to clunk with a mechanic on board... :confused: It's booked in, in a week or so's time, but meanwhile I'll be watching this thread with interest...

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm? We have also experienced a rather alarming 'clunking' sound (307SW '03) - though not only when turning left. We think it could be something to do with the brakes, possibly the anti-skid mechanism? As we also sometimes get the red warning light that ABS is disabled.

We've swung by a garage but as ever it tends not to clunk with a mechanic on board... :confused: It's booked in, in a week or so's time, but meanwhile I'll be watching this thread with interest...

Cheers,
Nick
its also wen pulling off its quite intermitent.i do need to change my pads.my steering has also gone weird as if i have resistance there when trying to turn.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Shake the crap out of the driveshaft and check for movement/noise. (wheel end)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts