Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

today, on my way back from the shoppin. I stopped at the light near my house.. I saw some smoke on the rear view mirror.. it wasnt that bad but I was curious to see where the smell came from.

I then smelled something like rubber/oil burning smell in the cabin.. stopped the car, checked the engine compartment, it was fine.. no smell.

walked round the car, and smelt it near the rear passenger door. thought it was the tyre but its not..

anyone got an idea what it could be ??

please advise

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sure it wasn't you????:lol:

Only kidding around, if it is coming from the rear could be a few things!
-Rear discs may have a slight leak of fluid,
-Rear discs wearing out/ etc etc
- If you have a diesel it is perfectly normal to smell a burning rubber smell, stinks but normal although the smoke coud point to a blocked/clogged fuel system, nothing to be concerned about some cleaning additive should fix it.:nod:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bigman,

it wasnt me, my local tesco has sold out the beans for christmas so deffo its not me.. :D

the motor has got a particle filter in it, so dont think I would need an additive to clean the system.. hope so I dont..

·
Registered
256 Posts
All well and said but Diesel cars have a tendancy to stuff with our minds, thye blow smoke then stop, smell then don't. You have me a little baffled their with your smoking pepi le pew!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts