Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have just purchased a 2003 307S Petrol 1.6, when i was driving home from the Garage i noticed on 4 occasions that when i braked there was a loudish noise like a reverberating noise in the car. i had the CD player on at the time and heard it over that, I rang the Garage up straight away and they said it hadn't been used for 2 weeks and to give it a few days. it gradually got to where i couldnt hear it. I didn't use the car for 2 days but when i did the noise appeared again and even my sisiter asked whats that?. it did it 6 times over a run of about 50 miles. The noise does not affect the braking which i find strange and have no lights indicating on the Dash. Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
A car sitting will get a fine layer on the discs you will see it as brown rusty colour it will go after braking a few times , what you`re saying sounds like worn pads or discs get it back to them to check , if your braking system is faulty they are breaking the law big time selling it to you.

ps you heard this noise and not felt it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friends car Hyundai Santa Fe has a strange whirring sound, mostly noticable durring acceleration, immediately after braking. The only way I can explain it is this...kinda like the noise you would get from rubbing a wet finger around the rim of a crystal glass...but a much deeper sound. Make sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts