Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me out a bit.

Bought a 53 plate 307 2.0 hdi 110 D Turbo with 150k on the clock around a week ago.

The symptoms are kinda strange to describe so bear with me. After first start and in any gear whilst accelerating there's a strange airy sound, like a hairdryer, from about 1500 rpm up. Also, whilst driving along at a constant speed, speed doesn't matter, the car seems to struggle and die for a second then goes again. At the 'goes again' there's a puff of smoke. Sometimes black and sometimes grey. It's hard to tell through the dimming mirror. It's as though the revs die and then pick back up followed by the puff of smoke. It's as though something's blocked and then pushes through.

I'm not sure if the two things are related but gut feeling says yes.

Something else is if I boot her to clear the blockage by taking her up to 3500 - 4000 rpm in 3rd it seems to fix it. The airy noise under acceleration stops and so does the stuttering. However this is short lived and if I turn the engine off and back on all symptoms return.

The airy noise actually sounds like a pipe leak but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Having looked underneath it appears the cat has been cut open and welded back closed. Obviously that needs replaced but I need to find what the other things relate to before doing that.

Any advice would be gratley appreciated.

Thanks 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody, no?

OK, anyone have a diagram with all hoses associated with turbo operation so I can see where they are? Still waiting on my Haynes arriving.

Registered
Not familiar with the engine but a good place to start would be to check all the hoses for leaks and cracks on the turbo boost pipes.Simple check to start with.I'm sure someone will be along with more idea's who has more experience with this engine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Graham. Got it. Was the lower intercooler hose. Had a tear at the top side of it which is why I couldn't initially see it. Picking one up from Peugeot this morning. Hopefully that'll sort the juddering too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts