Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, i have a 307 sw 1.6 hdi 55 plate that has developed an abs fault, within seconds of going over 60 mph it flashes up abs system faulty, and then brake system faulty. I have checked both rear sensors and they are both approx 1 mm away from the pickup ring, i have cleaned both the pick up rings as well, both were caked in dust, but still the problem is there, when driving the car around town it never shows the problem, looks like its going to have to be a trip to the stealers to find out which sensor is playing up methinks!!!:(

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
There are 4 sensors you say you only checked the rear

It may not be a sensor are the rings intact with no cracks

Ecu may be getting dodgy signals and shutting down the abs ecus can go faulty on 307s best get someone with planet do a bit of diagnostic work on the abs for you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both rear rings are ok, and its a 2006 model, so im hoping that peugeot had sorted the abs ecu problem that early cars had, will check the fronts this weekend when i do the oil and filter, if not it might be another trip to see cris, cant remember if he searched to see which sensor it was playing up when he did my cruise the other week..:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had a quick look at dinner today, and the sensors on the facelift model are different to the early models, they dont run behind the hub,but pick up the magnetic feed from the side of the hub, im guessing that peugeot had finally sussed the rust problem out when they did the facelift, so thats looking more likely to be a new sensor required!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a bit of an update, i have fitted 2 new rear sensors and the problem still exists, so i have ordered 2 new front ones, will get them fitted, and see where we go from there!!!!! Lol..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not as such, no, cab did a fault read when he enabled the cc, but we didnt have time to delve into it, if the front sensors dont cure it , i send cris a pm and arrange to go see him for a fault scan..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i know with my peugeot (when i had it) it was the front sensors that kept giving grief...iirc (its been a fair few years now).

But without scanning for codes and doing a full diagnostic you will be pretty much just pissing into the wind until you do. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funnily enough , no i havent, i have recently changed the wheels over to 206gti wheels, but i had to get 2 new tyres, the old ones are 45 profile, the two new ones are 55 profile!!! I will try it with my old wheels back on and see if that cures it, if not then i have the two front sensors to put on...

·
11,780 Posts
I did some work on my 306 brakes (sticking check valve) and after that was getting ABS on heavy braking.

ABS sensors seemed OK but I was going to clean them as a matter of course. But then I decided to put some new fronts on the car. It was when I checked on Blackcircles and compared that with the tyre sticker on the door pillar and the actual tyres on the car that they weren't the correct size.

Put on the proper sizes and not a problem since.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
You can configure tyre size in the ABS ecu to match the tyres on the car though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
hmm could be good advice for anyones car that came with 16 or 17 inch wheels that have been changed

my speedo is 1-2mph within the sat nav speed which is pretty impressive. are 307s like that normally?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have put my original 15 inch alloys back on, and guess what, the abs fault has disappeared!!!! Now do i get the ecu reprogrammed for the 16 inch gti alloys, or do i sell them??

D

·
0 Posts
I have put my original 15 inch alloys back on, and guess what, the abs fault has disappeared!!!! Now do i get the ecu reprogrammed for the 16 inch gti alloys, or do i sell them??
Just configure the wheel size in the ABS ecu.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts