Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought yesterday being warm i would check the fan was working on my 407 :D
Because of having dpf removed the map stops them working on the 1.6hdi anyway mine works fine but when i opened my bonnet my oil filler cap had gone last time bonnet was open it was there so now it looks like my 407 as started eating itself searched all the engine bay nothing :lol: ordered another :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Mine is the 1.6hdi and at some point i`ll rewire a switch straight to fan , in the meantime its a just keep an eye on it on hot days , but we don`t have many of them.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is the 1.6hdi and at some point i`ll rewire a switch straight to fan , in the meantime its a just keep an eye on it on hot days , but we don`t have many of them.:thumb:
Mine works fine had no regens either entering 4 th week and ive done about 400miles
I am sh*ting bricks about mot though lol because it smokes now.

·
5,070 Posts
No cat only smokes if i b****ck it dont think there is smoke test here but i bet there willbe something they find
yep theres a smoke test here :eek::eek: rev it up to the limiter as well sounds terrible :nod::nod:

J

·
0 Posts
They did that here for a while until a few blew up and the examiners got a smack in the mouth , they soon stopped that.:stars:
There is a sign when I had my MOT done saying to ensure that your engine and timing belt have all been carried out on time for diesel engines.... presume its so they don't get the blame if it does pop during the test.

·
5,070 Posts
There is a sign when I had my MOT done saying to ensure that your engine and timing belt have all been carried out on time for diesel engines.... presume its so they don't get the blame if it does pop during the test.
yep its done at the owners risk:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
damn didnt realise there is a smoke test...mine is like a smoke screen when i really boot it...had it red lined the other day...ford diesels dont like it...you get a flashing red light, a beeping noise to go with and a little green arrow advising you to change gear...

oh an i forgot a motorcyclist caughing his guts up from the fumes :lol:

edit: service this monday though, including egr valve clearing. not touching the brakes, leaving that to the pros...dont trust myself. lol

J

·
0 Posts
mines not that bad if it takes rpm up slowly be fine if he slams it to the floor its going to smoke .:nod:
This DPF must be doing something on mine then..... I have NEVER had any smoke out the 407 at all, no matter what I do :nod:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah must be the DPF, mine doesnt have one fitted at factory...but like i say its only when i really boot it i get smoke...

·
Registered
552 Posts
My MOT is due this week, FAP and CAT gone so I'll let you know how it goes.

My old MOT passed on the first go at 0.70m-1

Mine smokes a little more than it did, but certainly less than say for example, a vectra diesel, it also clears up when you hit max boost, and doesn't smoke near redline and stationary.

Phil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts