Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So storm Katie decided to dislodge some cement from by roof, which blew onto my bonnet and offside wing causing some bad dents and a lot of paint damage :cursing:

Quick question, appreciate I could go the insurance route, however as I'm on business insurance my excess is £350 so the question is, how much do you guys think a bonnet repair (dents) and full respray of the bonnet into the damaged wing will set me back? I'll be off getting some quotes soon, just want to have a rough idea of potential costs.

Appreciate a lot worse things could've happened, more annoyed than anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently had my passenger door on my old rxh resprayed, due to the mother in law hitting it. No panel damage, just scratches but had to do both. Front and rear door resprayed, and this cost me 230 cash job.

Was the copper metallic colour though.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
542 Posts
You may need new bonnet and wing rather than being pulled out. Ask a few bodyshops to see what they would do.
Post some pics of the damage...

I think you are looking at a few £k repair if new parts used. The paint isn't cheap (Magnetic blue).

If you just pull out and prep, spray it may be around £500. I think you are best off with insurance claim as it was act of god..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may need new bonnet and wing rather than being pulled out. Ask a few bodyshops to see what they would do.
Post some pics of the damage...

I think you are looking at a few £k repair if new parts used. The paint isn't cheap (Magnetic blue).

If you just pull out and prep, spray it may be around £500. I think you are best off with insurance claim as it was act of god..
Hoping that new parts won't be needed, dents look like they'll pull out ok as not too deep although have to agree, magnetic blue isn't cheap so could be an insurance job.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry paint and parts. Paint came close to £2k...
My BMW F10 was expensive for paint too as that was £1.5k again at non BMW garage. All work on my cars is paid for by my employer/insurance. But I always ask for costs as interested to see what they charge. My E90 had grill and bonnet damage in a storm. It used £500 of paint...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Have you thought about claiming on your house insurance?

Not sure how it would go but I guess your car was parked on your driveway and the damage to it was caused by 'your house'.

Just a thought. :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you thought about claiming on your house insurance?

Not sure how it would go but I guess your car was parked on your driveway and the damage to it was caused by 'your house'.

Just a thought. :confused:
Had thought of this, however house insurance much more difficult to get claim authorised as they can claim 'poor state of repair of roof' plus the excess isn't much better either. Think I will try and get some quotes and go from there.

Thanks all for the responses.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So first quote is in by a Peugeot approved body shop,

Looks like a new bonnet is required as some of the dents are too deep to repair and they don't recommend filling them on the area of the bonnet I have them on, something to do with it being a pedestrian impact zone?

To replace bonnet with new one, paint, repair offside panel and paint plus blend in is coming in at £1,650!!

Ouch, insurance job it is then!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
So first quote is in by a Peugeot approved body shop,

Looks like a new bonnet is required as some of the dents are too deep to repair and they don't recommend filling them on the area of the bonnet I have them on, something to do with it being a pedestrian impact zone?

To replace bonnet with new one, paint, repair offside panel and paint plus blend in is coming in at £1,650!!

Ouch, insurance job it is then!
i would get some quotes at other places as approved body shops cost loads more but you could find a good reputable body shop to do it for cheap

i got quoted £300 for a front bumper and door respraying and it came with a 5 year guarantee

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would get some quotes at other places as approved body shops cost loads more but you could find a good reputable body shop to do it for cheap

i got quoted £300 for a front bumper and door respraying and it came with a 5 year guarantee
Agree although my local indy body shop that I trust and have used for lots of work on other cars, even they said the cost of repair would be in the region of £650-£750. Largely to do with the location of where the damage is on the bonnet more than anything else.

I'm of the view that at that level of cost of repair it has to be an insurance job as my excess is £350. If it then means I go the route of proper repair via Peugeot, I still only pay £350 rather than either £750+,...or even £1.6k odd,...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts