Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys ive got a 97 306 1.8 litre peugeot obviusly...its got bout 200000 clicks on it and i was just wondering. Last night i had my car doing around 40 in first and my revs were around 5000 i held it there for a while and then went into second and cranked it up about the same amount of revs STUPID i kno but i was wondering how bad actually over reving the engine taking into consideration how many kilometres i have done? Also after i did this the warning light came on i was wondering if it was the fact that my car was saying stop killing me or wether it was just a little bit of low oil pressure that would matter. I pulled over and the light went away in a minute or two. Also wondering how badly it would hurt the car to miss a gear and hit the redline wihtout being in gear. Any help with this would be much appreciated
thanks, sam

·
Registered
862 Posts
dudley_12 said:
HEy guys ive got a 97 306 1.8 litre peugeot obviusly...its got bout 200000 clicks on it and i was just wondering. Last night i had my car doing around 40 in first and my revs were around 5000 i held it there for a while and then went into second and cranked it up about the same amount of revs STUPID i kno but i was wondering how bad actually over reving the engine taking into consideration how many kilometres i have done? Also after i did this the warning light came on i was wondering if it was the fact that my car was saying stop killing me or wether it was just a little bit of low oil pressure that would matter. I pulled over and the light went away in a minute or two. Also wondering how badly it would hurt the car to miss a gear and hit the redline wihtout being in gear. Any help with this would be much appreciated
thanks, sam
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

As long as your car has all the necessary lubricants and fluids you should be okay. Obviously if any components are about to fail this will accelerate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha, yer well positive all my oil and all that are all topped up, just hope nothin happens to it! thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts