Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
The stop/start has stopped working on my 3008,have aircon off and the function enabled on the car.All I get is the green a symbol flashing but car engine not cutting out.Help please.
Mine has occasionally not worked even with a/c off. The car has a mind of its own. Too technical, the more technology, the more to go wrong.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's not necessary something wrong. If it flashes green, then the functionality works, but the conditions for it to stop the engine are not met.

E.g. the temperature in the car are way off the setting on the climate control, the car has just started, you have been driving the engine too hard and it needs to be cooled, you have had too many S/S-stops lately and the battery is low and so on.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's not necessary something wrong. If it flashes green, then the functionality works, but the conditions for it to stop the engine are not met.

E.g. the temperature in the car are way off the setting on the climate control, the car has just started, you have been driving the engine too hard and it needs to be cooled, you have had too many S/S-stops lately and the battery is low and so on.
I will be really miffed if a low battery is the culprit. Only had the car 3 weeks and not used it that often :eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This is all quite normal. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There are at least 20 different factors that impact whether the stop/start kicks in.

My previous stop start vehicle (a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso) would sometimes go a few days or trips and not work and then suddenly switch off when I came to a halt.

It's not a fault, just something that you get used to. I'll sometimes when parking on my drive unbuckle my seatbelt, which ensures the engine stays on. It's quicker than finding the setting within the touch screen.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Well, all I can say is I have had S/S on my past three vehicle's (all non Peugeot) and the S/S cuts in every single time, no matter what the situation. It is also easy to cancel with a simple button press.
So I have to ask "Why do Peugeot then make it so temperamental"?

·
Registered
420 Posts

I will be really miffed if a low battery is the culprit. Only had the car 3 weeks and not used it that often
There's a difference between low battery that needs to be recharged, and low battery as in it wont engage S/S :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, all I can say is I have had S/S on my past three vehicle's (all non Peugeot) and the S/S cuts in every single time, no matter what the situation. It is also easy to cancel with a simple button press.
To quote a French colonel who I met, "Because they can'. Grrrr!

·
Registered
420 Posts

How it works for you and me have nothing to do with how it works for OP.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The stop/start has stopped working on my 3008,have aircon off and the function enabled on the car.All I get is the green a symbol flashing but car engine not cutting out.Help please.
On a lighter note, I wonder if Peugeot have taken Stop/Start to the nth degree. Sometimes it stops and sometimes it starts:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2021-1.2 GT Premium-Auto-Nimbus Grey-Leather-Pano roof
193 Posts
My car is keyless. This is an annoying scenario....

I have STOP/ START switched on
I pull into my drive
Gear lever in neutral and release clutch
Engine shuts down
Release seat belt
Engine starts again....Grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Stop / start hasn’t worked at all on my GT for the past 2 months, under any circumstance or conditions. Not that I’m worried about the fuel saving advantages it gives because I am rarely in stop, start traffic situations. It’s there and unless switched off should be working as it always did in my Focus and does in my wife’s A1.

Has anyone else noticed this recently or is it just a peculiarity of my car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Stop / start hasn’t worked at all on my GT for the past 2 months, under any circumstance or conditions. Not that I’m worried about the fuel saving advantages it gives because I am rarely in stop, start traffic situations. It’s there and unless switched off should be working as it always did in my Focus and does in my wife’s A1.

Has anyone else noticed this recently or is it just a peculiarity of my car?
S&S is unpredictable, mine has not worked for ages and then the other day at traffic lights decided to stop. The problem is the delay before it kicks in again Greek drivers at lights are not the most patient. Thinking about turning it off when we go into town at least until the weather cools down to see if it is more consistent

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm back in the UK now so temperature is no longer an excuse, I can actually use the pano roof without the sun burning my head.

I've never had a problem with delay, the engine always used to start immediately I took my foot off the brake.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was thinking it had cut out for a few seconds and was reaching for the key to restart it when it eventually started, hot day air con on.

We live about 2km from the beach with a few junctions in between and it has not actioned the S&S, usually have air con off for short journeys. Maybe battery level is not charged enough so S&S does not come in for these journeys

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Do you think your Blackvue dash cam/Powermagic Pro is using some of the juice in parking mode?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Do you think your Blackvue dash cam/Powermagic Pro is using some of the juice in parking mode?
That is possible Brett, it's amazing how many recordings are made when stationary, especially in France, activated by birds, animals and my wife & I if we're working outside.

My 400 mile trip home should have been enough to charge the battery as the majority of the journey was in daylight and we didn't have the A/C on. S/S didn't work once although we hardly stopped to actually test it.

I'll ask the dealership for advice when I call in to set up the camera contract later this week.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.