Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to turn Stop & Start off, by default?

Everytime I turn it off, it comes on again when I turn off and then switch on the car again. I wonder if it has something to do with using profiles?

Any help most received!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn Stop & Start off, by default?

Everytime I turn it off, it comes on again when I turn off and then switch on the car again. I wonder if it has something to do with using profiles?

Any help most received!
You can't. Have to turn it off each time. There's probably a way to do it with spanners if you don't mind the fault codes.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I didn't like/trust this feature at first but I'm quite used to it now.

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for the info, that is reassuring it does feel strange at first like the electric handbrake but after time will feel normal.
We will all get so used to the electric handbrake if we change to a car that hasn't got one we will all be driving down the road with it on lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
We will all get so used to the electric handbrake if we change to a car that hasn't got one we will all be driving down the road with it on lol
I can believe it, changed from an old British, motorcycle years ago to a Japanese bike, foot brake and gear change went to opposite feet. Still around to tell the tale. Just takes longer the older you get.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Or forgetting to put the brake on when we park - did this a few times last year on holiday in Florida, didn't even have the lever to remind me as most of their cars have a foot brake rather than a hand brake, good job it pretty flat over there - that and the fact that the car was in park meant it stayed where it should do!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It'll restart in the garage if you aren't quick enough to turn the ignition to the off position before a door is opened.
We need to be protected from ourselves.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
After my car was damaged by a moron who came out of a side street without looking and was in for repairs I had a hire car with stop-start. Can't remember if it was a ford or vauxhall but the stop / start was quite easy to get used to. I'll certainly consider it when I decide to replace my current car.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I don't think there'll be any consideration involved Storeman, the car you choose will probably have stop / start or not at all.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will be found on all vehicles that put a priority on CO2 emissions/economy and is thus, if claiming such low figures, defaults to active.
The only issues I've had have been related to a manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is our first car with stop/start. Prior to this I used to get a bit annoyed when stopping at lights and junctions etc and the car in front of me was blinding me with the brake lights on as the veh sat with the driver holding it on the brake. 'Bad driving' technique thought I, but now, such is technology that I'm that driver now blinding those behind me.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is our first car with stop/start. Prior to this I used to get a bit annoyed when stopping at lights and junctions etc and the car in front of me was blinding me with the brake lights on as the veh sat with the driver holding it on the brake. 'Bad driving' technique thought I, but now, such is technology that I'm that driver now blinding those behind me.
I was exactly the same cursing at the driver in front for sitting at lights with foot on the brake, I feel a little bad when sat at lights with myself foot on brake blinding the car behind I do soon get over it lol Least I understand now why its done.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
My 308 manual says the engine will start if the handbrake (electric) is put on, but very definitely mine does not. I almost always engage the electric brake when stopped and the engine never starts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.