Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Have you read the manual?

I ask cos I've a passat cc and mine didn't work all the time but after reading the manual there's 101 reasons why it won't happen like wrong temp in car, heated screens on etc etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Why is it when I engage my reverse gear on the electronic box, and I am on a slight forward facing incline the car starts rolling forward

On my previous car, automatic box, it would hold still before I put any pressure on the accelerator?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stop & Start

My 2008 stop & start works all the time as long as gear is in neutral hand brake on and foot off the clutch hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stop & Start (S&S)

S&S will work around town! The system will only operate when pre defined conditions have been met and the vehicle has travelled above 6MPH since the last engine start using ignition key. Pre defined conditions are generally emission/engine load & safety related. EG, atmospheric conditions, temp etc, engine temp, battery drain/ excessive load on the battery no doors open and drivers seat belt not fastened. S&S should work providing pre defined conditions are met.

Hand brake does not have to be applied for S&S to operated (but good idea to do so when stationary) however the clutch pedal has to be released to stop engine, you'll also be in neutral at that point. Press clutch down engine will start again. If you get an audible warning then you are not pressing the clutch pedal down enough. Should you not want the S&S to operate you can switch off using the eco button on the dash RH side lower or keep your clutch pedal depressed when stationary.

I've drove a couple of vehicles with S&S systems and I consider the Peugeot system a peach and very responsive!

Hope this helps!
Rgds
Terry..:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a tricky one Start Stop, there are so many conditions which prevent it from operating, if the temperature is set to low or high, even with the air con off, the system will refuse to activate, just knocking the temperature up one degree to 14 will allow it to carry out start stop. My old DS5 did this too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 66 plate 2008 had a new battery earlier this year. The stop start had not been working for many months and eventually tha dealer tried to charge the battery and it wouldn't reach the requisite 80%. Now the stop start never works, it began to fail a couple of weeks later. At my last service they charged the battery and stop start worked for a week. I've put it down to short journeys, but I've done 2 70 mile trips in the last 2 days, rarely lights on, air con off, heated heats off,and it still doesn't work. Any help please?

·
2,608 Posts
Hi...type 'stop start' in the search box at the top/middle of the home page....its been discussed many times ...pleanty to read....

·
Registered
28 Posts
This has worked for me on a Vauxhall Mokka, a Jaguar XE and more recently our 2017 2008. It is important that the battery is disconnected when it is charged, when reconnected it is going to tell the control units of it`s new voltage. A slow trickle charge is the way to go, that way the battery plates become fully energized. The important part is to let the battery rest before re connection for at least an hour.

"A battery with surface charge (immediately after being charged) has a slightly elevated voltage and gives a false voltage-based reading. To normalize the condition, connect electrical loads to remove about 1 percent of the battery’s capacity or allow the battery to rest for an hour or two, BEFORE reconnecting"

·
Registered
28 Posts
New advice from Peugeot now says `After disconnection and re-connection of the battery the stop start function is not available immediately.
The stop start function is active when the state of charge of the battery is validated.
The battery charge status control unit needs a time lapse of up to four hours after being connected, to recalculate and validate the state of charge of the battery.
CAUTION. During the period of validation of the state of charge of the battery, no power consumer must be active and no battery charger must be connected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts