Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three occasions now. Come to a halt, very briefly. S/S kicks in engine stops. Press accelerator to go (prob. A couple of seconds in stop) car stalls. Then numerous warnings start scrolling on main screen. Too fast to see. One I think mentioned something about ‘automatic gearbox’. Switch ignition off. Wait a few seconds and of we go, all hunky dory. Has anybody else had this behaviour? Does anyone now if there is a TSB? I have mentioned before that I find the S/S far too sensitive, unlike my previous motors. I now switch it off for every journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Three occasions now. Come to a halt, very briefly. S/S kicks in engine stops. Press accelerator to go (prob. A couple of seconds in stop) car stalls. Then numerous warnings start scrolling on main screen. Too fast to see. One I think mentioned something about ‘automatic gearbox’. Switch ignition off. Wait a few seconds and of we go, all hunky dory. Has anybody else had this behaviour? Does anyone now if there is a TSB? I have mentioned before that I find the S/S far too sensitive, unlike my previous motors. I now switch it off for every journey.
I have been having exactly the same problem since I took deliver last October. In the post above Dautres has included a link to a previous thread on this subject. See post numbers 8 and 10 of that link for an explanation of my experience. Since those posts I would guess it has stalled about a further 8-10 times.

Like you I think the system is way too sensitive. My last three cars and my current 125cc Piaggio scooter have all had S/S which has worked flawlessly but more to the point the S/S could be turned off easily and permanently. The Peugeot variant is terrible. I have taken to driving with the demister on as this deactivates the S/S.

If your dealership find the cause or a cure please post the details and I will of course do the same.

Other than the S/S I lover the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts