Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I've never had a car so reluctant to use it's stop start, is it normal?

I drive for circa 15miles to work so its not a great distance, but even a couple of 50mile journeys and still nothing.

its worked a few times but mostly just flashes "eco" 3 times when stopped.

is the alternator really that pathetic on the car or does the battery want changing?

I had a Golf which led a similar life and start/stop was working all the time?

·
Registered
888 Posts
There is a few dozens of conditions have to be fulfilled. Some days, rare but still, my car engine run all the time and the other days goes to stop state every time when is no movement.
I'm not bothered about it, the car knows .... :)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
How old is the car? you know, we don't, and this can make a difference.

If it's new, then there is possibly something wrong. In which case get back to the dealer.

Mine doesn't always work over short journeys, but 100 miles usually does it, then it continues to work for a few days on short runs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Last two days no single stop state. This morning again almost 4 minutes in 12 kms.
I agree with your point, I bought mine second hand and for the first couple of weeks, the stop/start didn't enact once, but from them on it kicks in every now and again, sometimes after only driving for a minute or so!

It does need a wide range of parameters to be just right.

As has been said, if you are worried, get it taken to the dealer and see what they say. They will plug it in and see if their are any error codes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Additionally, I think its worth noting that different Peugeot engines will behave differently when it comes to the S/S function.

E.g. Comparing the S/S function of a 2L 180 bhp engine and a 1.6L 120bhp engine isn't really possible.

Apologies if I'm merely stating the obvious.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Usually a sign of a low battery (2 years+) But why do you care really? It's better to keep the engine running constantly for the engine health. The saving with S&S in fuel is almost zero.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try me. (Don't use A/C and) install a new AGM battery. I guarantee you that after a day , your S&S will constantly stop at every stop light.
Regarding the fuel saved by such system : search YouTube . You can save at optimal conditions up to 10% . We never drive optimal. Tested inside London.
Search Google how many litres are consumed when engine is running at idle ( 1 liter/hour)
If you want to save earth: check how much NOx a small oil tanker produces while in the harbour.
You will then realize your car is super green.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Try me. (Don't use A/C and) install a new AGM battery. I guarantee you that after a day , your S&S will constantly stop at every stop light.
Regarding the fuel saved by such system : search YouTube . You can save at optimal conditions up to 10% . We never drive optimal. Tested inside London.
Search Google how many litres are consumed when engine is running at idle ( 1 liter/hour)
If you want to save earth: check how much NOx a small oil tanker produces while in the harbour.
You will then realize your car is super green.
5% is excelent result. 10% even better. Milions of cars with 5% less consumption, pollution, less noise .... yes, I'm satisfied with that.
Regarding saving Earth, what would be happen if I check tankers pollution in the harbour? My car will became more greener? I will decide to turn off S&S? What? Trump will go to Honduras as pizza man?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not sure about millions of cars... Most people I know turn off the Eco S&S mode when they enter the car. Some even install a software hack to disable it permanently.
You can use that system if you like it. It is just meaningless in the total picture.

Btw: you don't need to qoute an adjacent message. Save 50% disk space... huge digital pollution. All that data replication in data centers ... Try to keep this forum compact & clean. At least in language.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve found it strange at some points, but I find if I have the heating set to 14 (AC ON) or 15 (AC OFF) and either set on HI the stop start does not work.. as soon as I raise the temp between 16-28 it will stop start, usually no longer than 30-40 seconds then will start back up, assuming this is regulated on battery consumption / voltage etc..

One thing the pees me off if when I pull outside the girlfriends house and the engine cuts out, soon as a door is opened the engine fires back up for some strange reason,

For instance if she jumps out the car before I have time to turn the ignition off the engine will fire up as I’m turning the ignition off which is quite annoying to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
That's a safety feature, same as it restarts if you unclip the driver seatbelt.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That's a safety feature, same as it restarts if you unclip the driver seatbelt.
Well, my engine will not stop when unclip the seatbelt, anymore. I don't remember when it happened, but I think after a one of SW update, a more then year ago.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well, my engine will not stop when unclip the seatbelt, anymore. I don't remember when it happened, but I think after a one of SW update, a more then year ago.
No, I messed up, when unclip the seat belt, engine will restart, but when engage parking brake, will not. But a year ago it did. Also, when open driver door, engine will start, but in case of any other door will remain in stop state.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Mine is the same. Engine starts if driver door is opened, probably to stop you getting out and forgetting the engine could restart at any time.
Try opening the driver door without the handbrake on.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts