Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problems here with my 2020 3008 - after approx 18mths start/stop stopped. Dealer had car for 2 days! after which s/s/ worked for about a week. I don't really do long distance driving so I bought CTEK CS5 StartStop. After all night charging CS5 shows 'care' but s/s still doesn't work. Complained to CTEK who replied CS5 must be connected red to battery and black to chassis because of BMS (battery management system). My CS5 is connected red to battery and black to ground connector on firewall right of battery. Still no success.
I had 2 Audis Q5 & Q7 previously same driving habits s/s worked every time - never failed to work.
Now have a New 3008 Hybrid on order for hopeful delivery in July 2021 (?) I'm wondering if they'll have s/s fixed.
I have a 5008GT and use CTEK StartStop charger. I find that I often need to do overnight charge on 2 successive days for S/S to get working again. It may take 15-30 mins driving before the car reactivates the S/S. If I remember to do an overnight charge every 4 weeks or so, I do not seem to run in to any problems with S/S. A regular overnight charge with the CTEK StartStop may be good for battery health and prolong its life.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have a 5008GT and use CTEK StartStop charger. I find that I often need to do overnight charge on 2 successive days for S/S to get working again. It may take 15-30 mins driving before the car reactivates the S/S. If I remember to do an overnight charge every 4 weeks or so, I do not seem to run in to any problems with S/S. A regular overnight charge with the CTEK StartStop may be good for battery health and prolong its life.
I agree entirely. I do the same, although I am not a fan of the S/S feature this is how to get it working again if you like it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Finally fixed my stop/start system after nearly 4 years of failing to work. I simply did what I asked Peugeot to do from the start....I fitted a proper stop/start battery instead of the factory fitted one and now it works all the time. Plus it doesn't go into eco mode all the time through low usage of the car. Only £170 fully fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Finally fixed my stop/start system after nearly 4 years of failing to work. I simply did what I asked Peugeot to do from the start....I fitted a proper stop/start battery instead of the factory fitted one and now it works all the time. Plus it doesn't go into eco mode all the time through low usage of the car. Only £170 fully fitted.
Time will tell!! My belief is that any new battery would fix it as it would be fully charged. What ampere/hour rating is your new one? Please report back after 6 or 8 weeks and tell us if it’s still working.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2008 67 reg I bought a couple of weeks ago had been sat on a dealers forecourt for some months, dealer delivered it to me and the S/S didn’t work when I took it out. Pulse charged overnight now the S/S works even when the aircon is on.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Update on stop/start since new battery.

Now 5 weeks since new dedicated stop/start AGM 70aH battery fitted. No long distance runs yet and just a few short trips since fitting and the stop/start has kicked in every time. I'll update again in another few weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update on stop/start since new battery.

Now 5 weeks since new dedicated stop/start AGM 70aH battery fitted. No long distance runs yet and just a few short trips since fitting and the stop/start has kicked in every time. I'll update again in another few weeks.
My 2008 Gt Premium is 9 weeks old and Stop /Start doesn't work despite being switched on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How I (accidently) managed to revive the Stop/Start (S/S) system on my Peugeot 5008

This worked for me and I hope it might be useful to others too.

I bought my brand new Peugeot 5008 GT in Jan 2008. The S/S worked perfectly the first 18 months, as many others in the forum have also reported. After that it gradually stopped working to the point that it has never worked the last 2 years.

When reported to Peugeot, they issued the standard "too short trips" response, which I couldn't challenge much since it was true for me. Before the pandemic I used to drive 8 kms to the office (one-way) and then some over the weekends, and this got reduced even further after the pandemic.

I did make some occasional long road-trips (e.g. 400km+) during this period, but the S/S never worked.

Until last week.

It was a hot summer day and I was doing a road-trip (200 km) with the family. I have always kept the "air recirculation" mode to off since I bought the car. For no particular reason, I decided to turn it on (i.e. activate air recirculation). I could see that this had a better effect on the air-conditioning (as the cold air stayed inside the cabin longer and was not replenished by warm outside air).

And suddenly after an hour or so of driving, the S/S started to work!! I made a few short trips today (3 kms, with the air-recirculation activated) and S/S worked perfectly, even though the engine temperature hadn't even started to reach its optimal level.

My theory is that activating the "air recirculation" reduced the load on the air-conditioner which didn't have to work that hard, which signaled to the S/S algorithm that it could still maintain optimal cabin temperature conditions even if S/S was allowed to turn on.

Mind you, I still have the same original battery which is now 3.5 years old and I don't believe is really in the best of condition as I routinely hit "Energy mode". This leads me to believe that air-conditioning load is a bigger factor to the S/S algorithm than battery condition.

Would be great if others having S/S issue can verify the above theory and report their findings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

My stop/start stopped working ages ago, (no great issue) but got the dealer to check it when the 2nd service came round. They said it may be a battery problem. They kept the car overnight and trickle charged the battery.

I drove home and tried the stop start for the first time when I was in the drive....and it worked!

My relief was short lived however as the next day the stop/start didn't work, and hasn't worked since.

I have read loads of threads from owners who are annoyed by stop/start, but not seen any comments from anyone who has had problems with stop/start NOT working. Hopefully someone can give some advice before I go back to the dealer.
Hi I know it's been 2yrs of this post but I just joined today.

Reference stop/start (my 5008 is 2018) mine didn't work either but looked online and noticed it's all to do with the battery. I left my AC off and didn't use charging plate or cables for charging my phone, drove around for 30mins or more and the stop/start reactivated. Basically it's a safety feature so as not to drain the battery... when it's approximately 80% it switches off stop/start. Really pleased it's active now PS if you do have to use AC (air-conditioning) use the (fan) soft mode in settings saves using too much battery!!!👍🏻

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2008 Gt Premium is 9 weeks old and Stop /Start doesn't work despite being switched on.
Reference stop/start (my 5008 is 2018) mine didn't work either but looked online and noticed it's all to do with the battery. I left my AC off and didn't use charging plate or cables for charging my phone, drove around for 30mins or more and the stop/start reactivated. Basically it's a safety feature so as not to drain the battery... when it's approximately 80% it switches off stop/start. Really pleased it's active now PS if you do have to use AC (air-conditioning) use the (fan) soft mode in settings saves using too much battery!!!👍🏻

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2017 GT Line and had a new battery fitted after 2 yrs due to the battery not holding charge, with the new battery stop start stopped working again after a month, I bought CTEK charger which helped for a few days but then stop start didn't work again ,In October this year when i completed a service i tested the battery which was fine so i plugged my diagnostic tool in and reset the BMS(Battery Management System) since then the stop start works better than it ever has, it kicks in every time ,I think when they changed the battery they hadn't reset the BMS so thought the old battery was still on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

My stop/start stopped working ages ago, (no great issue) but got the dealer to check it when the 2nd service came round. They said it may be a battery problem. They kept the car overnight and trickle charged the battery.

I drove home and tried the stop start for the first time when I was in the drive....and it worked!

My relief was short lived however as the next day the stop/start didn't work, and hasn't worked since.

I have read loads of threads from owners who are annoyed by stop/start, but not seen any comments from anyone who has had problems with stop/start NOT working. Hopefully someone can give some advice before I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here! After 7years of SS not working i replaced my 8yrs old original batt with a new one. SS came to life. The parameters for SS not to activate are (among others):
  • less than -5 degrees (C)
  • more than 40deg
  • coolant less than 10deg
  • more than 4deg difference between set and actual cabin temp!
  • defrosting active
  • ac temp set to max
  • car on inclination
  • door open / seatbelt not fastened
  • batt charge below xx

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.