Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding it hard to park sometimes specially in the parking bay at my house where there is a kerb one side and usually a car beside me its fine until I am approaching the kerb I slow and stop for a second engine stops I take my foot off the brake the car then lunges forward. haven't explained it very well hope you know what I mean. the stop/start is almost instant when I stop it would be better for me with a 5 second delay

· Registered
226 Posts
I am finding it hard to park sometimes specially in the parking bay at my house where there is a kerb one side and usually a car beside me its fine until I am approaching the kerb I slow and stop for a second engine stops I take my foot off the brake the car then lunges forward. haven't explained it very well hope you know what I mean. the stop/start is almost instant when I stop it would be better for me with a 5 second delay
I will have the same problem when I get mine, according to the manual Stop is not available if you undo your safety belt - can you tell us if that works - thanks.

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have the same problem when I get mine, according to the manual Stop is not available if you undo your safety belt - can you tell us if that works - thanks.
I am out later in the car I'll take my seat belt off when parking and report back. Thanks

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Another good reason why they should have carried forward the standard on/off button you get in most cars. The button was advertised on the 3008 (see page 221 of manual), but seems to have been dropped, at least for the UK market. Stop/Start is supposed to be disabled for a few seconds after coming out of reverse gear though.

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another good reason why they should have carried forward the standard on/off button you get in most cars. The button was advertised on the 3008 (see page 221 of manual), but seems to have been dropped, at least for the UK market. Stop/Start is supposed to be disabled for a few seconds after coming out of reverse gear though.
Once I have reversed and going forward it is fine its if I stop again then decide I can go a few more inches by then the engine has stopped. I'll get into the habit of taking my belt off.

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is really annoying, and if the car lurches forward, dangerous too.
It could me and the way I have to park I think the system get confused with me inching forward then stopping inching forward again. A 5 second delay wold solve it for now seat belt off will do the job.

· Registered
765 Posts
So I can move forwards a little more
Don't you control the forward momentum with the brake like you would on a manual car with the clutch. Sorry if i'm asking something obvious.. was struggling to see what t he problem was, it sounded like the start stop was initiating and you were then taking your foot off the brake when it was still in gear.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Is this your first automatic with stop / start Fontie? I think it is a recognised problem with this type of gearbox in any car. The stop / start on my manual Focus was never a problem because movement was controlled by the clutch so the engine never cut out unless the clutch was fully released and the car was at a standstill. Glad to see there is a work around by releasing the seatbelt.

· Banned
127 Posts
I don't understand what this problem is.

Are you saying that when you have the brake on, the car just stops and engine shuts off. Then when you take the brake off, the car lurches forward?

Isn't this also going to be a problem in queues of traffic where you could potentially lurch forward into the back of the car in front?

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The engine stops as soon as the car comes to a stop with your foot on the brake, release the brake and the engine starts up again which in normal every day driving is fine, its when parking in a tight space if I stop the car the engine stops move forwards and brake and stop engine stops again in the end it gets the jolt because the engine has just turned off and I am releasing the brake straight away. This is my first car with auto stop start and first automatic. seat belt trick will work for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.