Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 307, 1.4 16v Petrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Peugeot owners,

I must ask for an advice on the following problem. I've had a Peugeot 307 for over a year now and I was generally satisfied with the performance before the following problem started appearing.

Whenever I drive the car over 2500 rpm for a continuous period of time, when I slow down and shift gears the 307 beeps and shows the following message STOP Oil preassure too low but only for a second and when i step a little bit on the gas pedal the problem dissapears.

I must mention that the car is running perfectly fine and there is not a knocking noise from the engine, nor there is a loss of power.

The few mechanics and also the official dealership have all given me a conflicting reason why the car shows the problem. From a faulty oil pump, to a crack in the engine and also the famous don't worry if it is not showing the check engine light it is fine.

So I have a question for you fellow Peugeot owners, did anyone have had a similar problem. Also the engine is 1.4 16v petrol engine who was regularly maintained.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Start by changing oil and filter, don’t rely on previous history, poor quality oil and cheap filters are bad news, buy the best you can afford, it saves in the long run. Cheap filters sometimes have faulty internal bypass valve, this can result in low pressure intermittently when filter is at end of life. Also remember - I’ve never heard anyone say “I changed my oil and filter for the correct grade and it’s ruined my engine”

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks you very much,

Today I will change the oil and filter, and post here if the problem is solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the advice guys, because of Covid 19 I was not able to start the repairs today, but I've made an appointment for tomorow at my mechanic so I will post here if the problem was resolved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am very sorry about the late, late, late reply guys, after thoroughly testing the car the problem was solved after changing the oil preassure sensor and changing the oil with Bosch filter. The reason I am very late with the reply was that the 307 started showing a strange noise when the clutch was depressed, but today my mechanic changed the manual transmission oil and the noise was severely reduced. Anyway thank you very much for the help guys. One of the things I realised was that today 99% of the mechanics just want to rip you out, so your help was really appreciated.

Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts