Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help had the car out for the last few days all of a sudden the stop lamp on the dash comes on and on the display it says braking fault the car seems to loose power and lunges forward any ideas

Kev

Had to turn the key on and off around 7 times to clear it in 2 miles, Also when this happens the speedo goes to zero and the fuel computer goes down to 2 miles remaining :confused:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Would think speed sensor on the drivers side wheel connected to ABS would bring on all those faults , any codes through pp , bear in mind i`m no mechanic so hope one of the other guys pop in here ,but what i said makes sense to me.:lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rear sensors are faulty still haven't got around to fixing them but all the time the abs warning lights have been on this has never come up before, Now i cant connect to the abs through the bsi but i can do tests from the esp ecu on the abs also had running data the front sensors are fine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry dont understand that one, Oh what would make a car misfire slightly more in the cold then when the engines warm as well

Thank you for this

Kev

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
ktnch said:
Sorry dont understand that one, Oh what would make a car misfire slightly more in the cold then when the engines warm as well

Thank you for this

Kev
When you plug in Peugeot plant do you do a global scan on systems or by ECU? so you can read faults

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i go through the ecu by type or function, i shall go out again in a sec and try that

kev

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i remember had two types to choose from will not connect to either, just booting the other laptop up then will go and read the faults and do a global search

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
oh heck the verdict is not good , also had a little trouble with pp2000, After sales zone must be completed 21 service zones of max 50 have been stored any ideas ? will not let me clear faults

Pp2000 unknown reference ecu been referenced
Instrument panel Vehicle speed information incorrect value been received

AIR CON FAULTS

Rem int fault outside temp sensor incorrect value received
int fault mixer motor open circuit
rem int fault vehicle speed information incorrect value received
rem int fault Air con pressure info incorrect value received

ENGINE ECU

rem perm fault can communication no communication with abs
rem perm fault can communication absence of communication with esp
int fault cat converter downstream temp signal short to poss or open circuit
int fault partial filter partially overloaded

ABS FAULTS

perm fault rear right wheel sensor coherence
int fault downloading
int fault communication with the ecu incorrect value received
int fault speed wheel sensor
int fault rear left speed sensor open circuit or short to poss or short to earth

Jesus how many no wonder its a pig !

Also had these

Abs bosch 5.3 the ecu has not replied
Abs bosch 8 pp2000 unknown reference ecu been referenced
Esp bosch 5.7 pp2000 unknown reference ecu been referenced
Esp bosch 8 pp2000 unknown reference ecu been referenced

Give me a fiver and you can have the bloody thing lol

Kev

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Wouldn`t panic yet a lot of faults bounce of one and other , could be only a couple of main faults , see what David says first before you get the matches.:nod:
To me it looks like a couple of sensors and a clogged particle filter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seems to happen in the wet only but thats the first time the air con faults have come up, going to have to pull the finger out next week and start with the rear sensors, can you test the pulse of the sensors with a multi meter, a long time ago when training we used a ign amp and an led as a make shift tester of sensors

The car seemed to have no power and lunged forward when the stop light came on, could you possible to see if it has had the abs recall done by the vin if i pm the vin

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to do the rear sensors today, Do i need to remove the rear discs to gain access and the callipers

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you can remove the sensors without removing the disk, just need a long alan key to get to it. turn the disk till a hole lines up with the screw...mind you it is easier just to remove the disk.

EDIT: i got this once, as in stop message and abs warning light, turned out to be a very very dirty sensor and a very corroded mount where it sits.

EDIT 2: as for testing i beleive you will need an oscilliscope because of the way the sensors work with magnets, it makes a sineisoidal wave (analogue signal) which is then read by the abs ecu to make sure it is within the tolerances, when it isn't this is where the car throws its toys out of the buggy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ok rear sensors cleaned up but still wasnt having it, had the laptop on the params test whilst i could see it and was spinning the hub nothing was coming up, The Gap looked quite big from the hub to the sensor so shoved a 1mm shim before the sensor moving it closer to the hub worked a treat

Still not communicating with the abs though all tests can be carried out through the esp ecu but not abs ecu pp2000 says unknown reference

Cheers for the guidance, Oh how do you get to the abs multiplug i removed the inner wheel arch but still couldn't get to it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts