Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

New to the forum having just bought a 2005 307 CC.

It has a few problems which I am slowly working through, however the most urgent one is that every so often an alarm sounds and the red STOP sign flashes up on the dashboard and the temperature dial goes haywire. It quickly clears and the car drives normally again.

My first thought was that it is something electrical but would welcome any advice.

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
350 Posts
My first guess would be coolant temp sensor and or wiring. If not the wiring from the display back towards the bsi(sender).

It would be worth getting it plugged in to Peugeot planet as it will more than likely have logged the fault and would save a lot of guess work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Guess I better get posting!

Is the kit easy to use if I just bought one off ebay? I remember buying something similar for a Vauxhall a few years back and it had nothing but problems.

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks. Guess I better get posting!

Is the kit easy to use if I just bought one off ebay? I remember buying something similar for a Vauxhall a few years back and it had nothing but problems.

Cheers

Scott
yep pretty straight forward once you get used to it,
installing it is probably the hardest part to be honest.

had a cracked version of opcom years ago for a combo van i had,
seemed to work fine for me,even somehow managed to get the vehicles passcode out of it without having to pay the vauxhall dealer £25 ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are there any specific requirements for the laptop that you connect the PP to?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,304 Posts
I would change sensor first cheap easy job and a common failure on Peugeot cars with the symptoms you describe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
11,992 Posts
It has a few problems which I am slowly working through, however the most urgent one is that every so often an alarm sounds and the red STOP sign flashes up on the dashboard and the temperature dial goes haywire. It quickly clears and the car drives normally again.
Common fault on the 307. On my last two the needle would creep up slowly as the car warmed, then all of a sudden fly off the scale and then drop back to the right temperature.

Changed the sensor with one from Euro, all was well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Common fault on the 307. On my last two the needle would creep up slowly as the car warmed, then all of a sudden fly off the scale and then drop back to the right temperature.

Changed the sensor with one from Euro, all was well.
Thanks. That is exactly what is happening. I will get that changed then.:thumb:

·
6,304 Posts
Use code SAVE33 at ECP and you should get 33% off the price of the sensor if you do click and collect on-line

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Total rookie question but where is the coolant temperature sensor. I have had one sent to me and found something that looks similar but the one that was sent is not threaded and the one that is in is??

Or am I being daft?

:confused:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts