Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow or other, a few small stones/pebbles have got inside the tailgate of my 307SW. Now whenever I open the boot and lift up the tailgate to its full extent, the stones rattle down to as far as they can go. Similarly, when I close the boot and slam down the tailgate, the stones rattle back to the bottom (which was the top when it was opened). The stones themselves are not doing any damage as such, but the rattling every time I open/close the boot is irritating. Unfortunately, I can't see how I can get to the inside of the tailgate (or for that matter see how the stones got in) in order to get the stones out. I don't particularly want to go to a garage if I can help it as I suspect it is a small job and they will charge me an arm and a leg. Anyone got any ideas.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stones

Had the same thing in my old Mondeo after rear screen was smashed. Probably broken glass inside tailgate. No easy way of getting it out. If I remember correctly I pulled off trim on inside of tailgate and picked out what I could but couldn't get it all.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I took the plastic trim off the inside of the tailgate the other day to fix my tailgate handle/switch.
The trim was held on by two torx screws which I removed then a few solid tugs working around the edges and the trim came away from the plastic clips holding it in.

Unfortunately whilst putting it back together one of the clips snapped and dropped inside the tailgate so now I have a similar annoying rattle! On the upside at least I can now open the tailgate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd say you should get the trim off (seems like a straightforward job looking at the haynes manual)

Once thats off there has to be some openings you can get into as the motor for the back wiper sits in there (I think) Normally the openings are covered by some kind of white cloth/sound dampening material,

I had this problem when I took my door trims off to swap out my speakers, broke off half the clips that then fell inside the door... I made a slit in the material big enough to squeeze my hand into and managed to get the bits out.

You can find new trim clips for a few quid on ebay if needed!

Cheers
Eddie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts