Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My father has the new Peugeot 3008 suv Gt 20 diesel (180 ) 6 speed Automatic and it has around 3106 miles. We have a problem with Suspension of the car because it is stiff and especially when you sit on the back seats. More specifically when the road is smooth there is not prob but even when the pavement has small cracks you feel like to drive or seat tractor. Please give some suggestion

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr Myalaman I know that this car is SUV and has a stiffer suspension than saloon cars but my car has so stiff suspension and my friend has the Mazda cx5 SUV 2017 and it is much smoother the suspension of his car than my car.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The suspension is quite stiff, but it would be wrong to think that there is something wrong with it just because a Mazda CX5 has a softer setup...

I personally like it the way it is on my 5008, it is stiff but not too stiff. I hate cars with too soft suspension, they generally don't allow almost any sporty driving.
Although you may have apoint about rear seats, they are of less quality and it is probably more noticeable than in the front.

That is one of the main things to consider before deciding to buy a car, Engine, Driving position and Suspension setup are always the first three things I consider in a car.

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
Am I right in assuming the gt-line has a stiffer set up than say an allure?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I doubt there is any difference.

If you said GT... then perhaps there might be some difference compared to other models, mostly because of a heavier engine/gearbox.

·
Registered
880 Posts
According to Service Box, there are 3 different front suspension coil spring setups, each with different 3 color/colour marks: orange and 2 yellow; orange, yellow and blue; orange, yellow and green. Part numbers 98 154 693/4/5 80.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
According to Service Box, there are 3 different front suspension coil spring setups, each with different 3 color/colour marks: orange and 2 yellow; orange, yellow and blue; orange, yellow and green. Part numbers 98 154 693/4/5 80.
Most probably for three different engine groups, because of different weights. But who knows for sure....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,792 Posts
I doubt there is any difference.

If you said GT... then perhaps there might be some difference compared to other models, mostly because of a heavier engine/gearbox.
Hmmm, maybe not but the older Peugeots used to have 'sport' suspension in the sportier trims, xsi/d-turbo and sport models for example. Vx-line Vauxhall and s-line Audi cars definitely do.

But even assuming gt line has the same set up the larger wheels/ low profile tyres wouldn't help. Coupled to the largest diesel engine it's bound to have the stiffest set up of any 5008. If I get the chance I'll try an allure and a gt line. Been toying with upgrading the zafira....

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've driven the GT2.0 for a day/night and own a 1.6D120 EAT6 with normal wheels for the allure.

My car started off with stiff suspension but has eased up a little now although it can skip a little.

Mine has done 6,100 miles.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Over the years of owning Peugeots, I've come to realise the recommended tyre pressures are always too much. (3 bar or 40PSI I believe for the rears on the 3008). Left at their recommended I found tyres tend to wear in the middle too often so I always drop the pressures. More pertinent to your issue is that by dropping the pressures to 2.5-2.6 Bar all round, it also softens the ride. Worth a try I think.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I would also concur with this. My car does ride a little harder, which I think is also down to the bigger 19" wheels, fitted as standard. I've never sat in the back, as I'm always driving, so can't comment on that.

Every new car I've had, has had the wrong tyre pressures on handover! Normally way too high, which is how they they leave the factory, due to being left standing for some while, whilst the car is awaiting delivery. I always check them after a service as well, as typically they are wrong.

It was exactly the same with my current 3008 2.0 180 GT, which had the wrong pressures in from day one.

I have all my standard Continental Contisport Contact5 235/50 R19 99V SUV tyres at the following pressure:

Standard Load - cold:

Front : 33.36 psi
Rear : 33.36 psi

Oh and don't forget to use the touchscreen after the pressures have been adjusted to set them at this new pressure. Worth a check anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put both 2.3 bar Front and Rear but I didn't check the touchscreen in order to set up the new pressure after the adjustment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It definitely has a firm suspension, but it's not crashy, much better than the Ateca. I did read a lot of reviews criticising the ride on bigger wheels which is why I opted for the Allure. As others have said, make sure the tyres are at the stated comfort setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got 2008 for 7 months and I've never been used to such a hard suspension. When I sit in the old 206 or some Fiat Punto, I sit in a much more comfortable and softer car. Unevenness are not felt in them, while in 2008 you feel the smallest crack on the road. It was a great disappointment for me, so I for the future gave up 3008 and 5008, and from Peugeot I would probably watch only 508.

Tires (2.5bar) give less noise over sharp edges and are more comfortable, but they rock on wavy asphalt. It's especially bad because I live in a country that has much worse roads than Western Europe. This could be a strong blow to Peugeot in the future, because I see that people do not like the model 301, which is for the weaker market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At last, I have found someone with similar problems to myself.
I have a 3008 gt automatic. The suspension, particularly, the rear feels like it is operating with no springs or shocks because it is so hard.. It drives beautifully on good roads and doesn't seem to slip on any, BUT feels like it does!
Has anyone any experience with different tyre types? I tried dropping pressures to 28lbs but still it feels like it is bouncing around corners on semi rough roads, somewhat like a ford Anglia from the early seventies

·
Registered
100 Posts
Best tyre pressure for 19 inch alloys is 32 psi especially in a country like Egypt hot weather in the morning causes increase in pressure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts