Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a (2004) 307 1.4 manual. It's only done 24K miles but I've always thought the gearbox was a lumpy affair compared to the Renault I had previously.

I've just had the Gearbox/drive shaft oil seal replaced by my local garage. It might just be my over-sensitivity, but I think the gears are more lumpy than usual. Its particularly 1st and 2nd gear and far worst on first start of the day and gets easier to engage these gears once warmed-up.

I've checked with the garage and they told me they've only topped up the gearbox oil after the seal replacement not completely changed the oil altogether.

Anyone any suggestions. Has the gearbox oil anything to do with it?

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mr ian wilks

hi ther i have a 307 and it is doing the same thing, but this cold weather we have had it has been a lot worse, i am going to speak to someone tomorrow about it and i will let you know if it is the oil regards ian:) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stiff lumpy gearbox when cold

Hi
Can anyone throw any light on this please. A new clutch was fitted on my 307 and ever since the gearbox has been stiff and very lumpy from cold so bad that on occassions I've all on to get it into 1st and 2nd. It frees up as it gets warm. The garage says they've made some minor adjustments to the gearbox but we will just have to live with it. It wasn't anything like this before the clutch was fitted in fact it was just the opposite very smooth and free.
Thanks to anybody who can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure what they did, just said they had made some minor adjustments. Would the linkeage make it stiff when cold and be ok once it's warmed up?
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts