Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I bought the wife a 2008 307cc 2.0 HDi some 18 months ago, and it has been faultless so far. She did mention the slightly stiff clutch when we bought it, and it has been getting slowly worse over time - to the point that she now suffers ankle and knee pain after driving it.
So on to my question - is this a sign of a worn clutch, and more importantly, will a new clutch solve the problem? Other than being stiff, it shows no other symptoms, engages smoothly, no juddering etc.
I'd hate to spend £500+ on a new clutch, only to find it is just as stiff as before.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
As the clutch is hydraulic it probably is the pressure plate at fault. Any signs of slipping clutch? Some women can tend to have their foot on the clutch pedal all the time which is not a good thing. Have you tried operating the pedal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No noticeable clutch slipping, even when giving it some welly.
Although I rarely drive it (lifelong motorcyclist, I must get around to getting a car license before I hit 50 in 3 years time) it is noticeably heavy to me too.
She doesn't ride the clutch pedal, foot is off the pedal unless it is being used.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Probably a stiff pedal is the reason why almost as many clutches are changed as a slipping one.
So have a quality clutch (LUK and Valeo are two highly regarded makes here) fitted and your wife will be happy again.
Don't leave it too long or she might give you a kick with a muscular left foot!. :)

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts