Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined. I bought a.... 51 plate, dark green metallic, 307 2.0 HDi LX 90bhp ( phew! ) on monday and so far so good. The boot door/hatch/tailgate whatever it's officially called, sticks even though I'm pressing in the release handle which is located under the outer handle. When I pull harder it opens and then I can close it and open with ease while using the release handle. After going away for a while, say a bit of shopping, I come back and it's sticking again until I pull hard. What's the best cure, a bit of WD40? And is this a common fault of the 307? Thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Merlin said:
Hi everyone, just joined. I bought a.... 51 plate, dark green metallic, 307 2.0 HDi LX 90bhp ( phew! ) on monday and so far so good. The boot door/hatch/tailgate whatever it's officially called, sticks even though I'm pressing in the release handle which is located under the outer handle. When I pull harder it opens and then I can close it and open with ease while using the release handle. After going away for a while, say a bit of shopping, I come back and it's sticking again until I pull hard. What's the best cure, a bit of WD40? And is this a common fault of the 307? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

hi there
the problem with your boot lock is,

~ the boot release handle lever is sticking
or
~ the boot release handle micro switch is full of water

The boot lock is released by the release lever pushing on to the micro switch this then instructs the BSI to open the boot catch.the micro switch can be found in the boot handle,it is easily removed by taking of the inner trim on the tailgate, remove two securing nuts on the handle,disconnect the switch wire connector and remove the whole handle.
now check if the release lever is stuck,move the lever you should be able to either hear or feel the micro switch click.
sometimes the little spring tag that returns the lever breaks or cracks,this causes the lever not to fully open/close ,causing the problems with the boot not opening,(WD 40 can be used on the lever pivot point to help free it up a bit )if you are happy with the lever operation a new micro switch is required these can be bought from any peugeot dealer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the moose. I'll try some WD40 first off to see if that makes any difference. If not, I've booked my mobile mechanic to service the car and I'll ask him to check the micro switch. I'll show him your instructions.

I've since found that the rest of the doors are all sticking a bit, plus most of them are not that solid when closing. One rear door doesn't even close completely flush with the body, it sitcks out just a few millimetres. He reckons he can adjust the striking plates on the body.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, so far the WD40 appears to be working :nod:
I'll see if it continues.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the moose said:
I love it when something is fixed so easily,hope its permanent.
Yes, tried it again today and still opened without any sticking.:thumb:
If it lasts a few weeks that would be ok and then I can always just WD40 it again.

If you're still reading this moose, do you know what model/number bulb I need for the central console radio/clock display? I removed the whole unit ( although I can't seem to unplug the power connector, very tight) and removed 2 of the 3 bulbs. Halfords had an almost identical bulb which had a black plastic moulding instead of white, but it wouldn't lock in place when you turn it, so it's the wrong one.

·
Registered
862 Posts
take one of the bulbs you have removed to your nearest pug dealer and get one there,will cost peanuts and you know its the right part,cant find a parts No i'm afraid.You will also get the end cover for the hands free radio/cd controller,its actually a button for changing the 'source' again wouldnt be that expensive,and will look a lot better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the moose said:
take one of the bulbs you have removed to your nearest pug dealer and get one there,will cost peanuts and you know its the right part,cant find a parts No i'm afraid.You will also get the end cover for the hands free radio/cd controller,its actually a button for changing the 'source' again wouldnt be that expensive,and will look a lot better.
moose, I went to a peugeot main dealer today called Robins and Day. I bought 3 bulbs, £1.50 each and the console is lit perfectly now, albeit I broke the flimsy plastic clip which holds the power plug in place, but it seems to be holding.

Regarding the end cover for the radio stalk, the parts guy said I need a whole new stalk which was only £14. However, I said can I buy the stalk, remove the end cover and put it onto the existing stalk. He said no, you'll break it and it's held on by some rod. To fit the new stalk is gonna obviously require taking the steering wheel apart. Any thoughts on this, do you think I can still remove the new cover and plug it on to the end without having to replace the whole stalk?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Gotta be honest and say i have never had to replace this part. As the 307 is multiplexed this should be easy enough to replace the entire unit. Once the plastic cowal is removed it wouldnt be a big job i imagine (johnc is the guy to ask about this he knows the 307 backwards)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tailgate sticking

Originally Posted by Merlin
I had the exact same problem with my peugeot 206 sw. Very tempremental tailgate catch/handle. I used WD40 (Soaked it) and it worked a treat, after that I covered it with Vaseline and it is working still, to this day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts