Peugeot Forums banner

Sticky reverse Gear

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Maybedaisy 
#1 ·
I took my 2008 to a dealer because I was having problems selecting reverse gear. I had to get Motorpoint to pay the 'diagnostic' fee as I have had the car less than 6 months ( can't believe there is a diagnostic fee )

It also had a broken CV boot clip which they are going to repair. However they state that it is normal to have to try 2 or 3 times to get it into reverse gear.

Has anyone else had this issue. I've never had this problem on another car.

#2 ·
No, you're just being strung along. Diagnostic is there for these reasons>
1. To releive you of ££.
2. To show that as cars computers shows no fault there is no fault despite gear selection being an entirely mechanical process with no sensors connected to the car's ecus' to detect a fault.
3. Many mechanics are unable to diagnose and hope in vain that the diagnosis will give them a fault and an excuse to spend loads of your £££ on unnecesary replacement of parts.
As your experince proves with other cars reverse should select with no more difficulty than forward gears. Insist it is repaired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.