Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondering if anyone has had or having the same issue im having. my handbrake lever goes loose when i check underneath at the rear drivers side i noticed the cable return wasnt returning all the way as soon as i touched it with a hammer it returned but when i pull the handbrake again it stickes iv tried soaking it in dw40 and then grease but still no joy was thinking the spring might need replaced but was wondering if it might be something else the same thing happende around this time last year ended up costing me a new caliper and disc and a couple of pipes as it ended up causeing the brakes to bind. would a new or larger spring help? its a peugeot expert E7 taxi on an 08 plate:confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Prob the road salt getting into it and causing it to seize. Easiest fix is just replace the cable on the side that's sticking. Last one I bought recently was around the 30 quid mark.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd just do the one going to the disc and see how that goes. The front cable is a dear bugger, around the 70 quid I think that it's unlikely it's the culprit. Mine is an 58 plate and it seems on mine anyway that it's only the offside rear cable that seizes. the nearside one and front one has been ok since I got the cab 5 years ago. I'm on my second to the offside rear. there's a sharp bend the way the cable is routed and I think that's a main cause of the problem.
FYI the nearside and offside rear cables are the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sticky brake

ok so i have changed the rear cable £31 and a new set of pads plus one of the slidders was dry so it has been greased so heres hoping thats it sorted:thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sticky breaks

ok so its now been a couple of days on the 1st day after a short amount of use the handbrake was still going loose and i still had to go under taxi and free the lever. now after the second day there is still a tint amount of play on the handbrake but the lever is ok so far. will update again in a fw more days. iv got a feeling though that its more down to the slidders drying out than the cable or pads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts