Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All
Recently noticed my clutch pedal doesn't always return back to the very top. This is more noticeable first thing in a morning. It might stay down approx. 1" from the top position, it might do this 2 or 3 times in the first 5 mins of a journey.
I have no vibration in the pedal at all, car drives fine.
Just a little concerned that something might be failing.

Could it be clutch fluid ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
clutch pedal

I had this happen on my 407 and eventually pedal used to stay down unless pulled back up.
had to completely replace dual mass flywheel at considerable expense.
mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
Yes my clutch pedal is now sticking on the floor, so is booked in for a new Dual mass flywheel and clutch fitting tomorrow.
At a cost of around £400 fitted :eek:

·
5,087 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Yes my clutch pedal is now sticking on the floor, so is booked in for a new Dual mass flywheel and clutch fitting tomorrow.
At a cost of around £400 fitted :eek:
£400................................thats remarkably cheap,cheapest i could get was £680

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOW, where is it being fitted???, thats Cheap!, my 406, ok not a 407!, was £650.00, just hoping my 407 sw doesn't need one soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning.
Car dropped off last night at the garage for Dual mass and Clutch fitting today.
Total cost will be £450 inc VAT etc.

The guy doing it is called Chris Hyde, he's just opened his own garage up in Attercliffe, Sheffield.
A good friend used him 18 months ago when he worked for a garage in the centre of Sheffield, and to be honest the price has gone up about £30 since then.

His contact details are.
Chris Hyde
Unit 2
89 Leigh Street
Sheffield
S9 2PR

He only has a mobile number - Zero799082102Four.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts