Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys another problem, that has been around for a while but just getting round to asking about it...:D

well basically i found a fix for the boot release lever sticking (will do this 2moz) and got thinking my rear doors do stick a little....

by sticking i mean, when you pull the external handle, you have to pull hard to get it to open...and it kinda pisses me off when people forget about this and try to open the rear door to get in and complain about it. using the interior handles the door is fine and the hinges are well lubed and good to go... so i reckon it will be a similar thing to the boot fix.

i was just wondering if you guys think the same and if anyone has any simple (noddy) guides on how to do this on the doors, such as removal of the door card, how to take the lock off and where to spray wd40 etc...

thanks in advance:thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I have the same problem on my rear doors and being a taxi i have to keep saying "stop pulling so hard its open", now if you try the door and put your thumb on the small piece of door handle it opens no problem so what the f**k is it sticking?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...so its not just me then...i was thinking it might be a miroswitch or something that hasnt got a proper connection....i'm just guessing since i havent looked inside them before...might have ago tomoz, going to do the boot fix, have to stay awake 2night and 2moz to get the body clock back to normality. oh which reminds me i'll probs head off home 2moz, so ill be able to get your radio leds done and it tested and sent off to ya.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
cck2k9 said:
hmm...so its not just me then...i was thinking it might be a miroswitch or something that hasnt got a proper connection....i'm just guessing since i havent looked inside them before...might have ago tomoz, going to do the boot fix, have to stay awake 2night and 2moz to get the body clock back to normality. oh which reminds me i'll probs head off home 2moz, so ill be able to get your radio leds done and it tested and sent off to ya.
Cheers mate.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took my car home and tried the boot fix...when the latch was in peices, i found that the plastic surround on the hook was coming off, maybe causing a jam when trying to open and shut...so i snapped the remaining off, drenched the whole thing in wd40, connected it all back up and works as tho new.

as with the doors i had a look at these aswell...couldnt see anything wrong so i went all out on the lock, and the holes on the exterior handles, nearly used half a big can doing all this...now the doors still stick but not as half as bad as they were....i think a few more goes and it will be totaly freed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts