Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This vans doing my head in :(...

Peugeot expert 2.0 hdi 8v

All I was planning in doing is changing discs and pads as old were worn...

After changing discs and pads there seizing on in traffic and around town basicaly when I'm constantly on/off the brakes

If I leave it for a few hours and go back to it it's fine or if I have to keep going they eventually free off..

Handbrakes not affected by the seizure..

What iv changed so far..

Discs and 2 sets of pads due to seizure
Calipers and carriers
Brake lines

All bleed using a pressure bleeder no air at all ..

We have flushed the whole system.

What know it's still sticking on..

Any help as to what next would be much appreciated it's a daily works vehicle and costing me money been off the road..

Iv taken it to a garage who just guess

Many thanks
Ashley

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally confused then :/ everything's been changed but the servo and that still operates if you pump brakes and push brake solid while turning the key the pedal drops

·
Registered
38 Posts
You may have a problem with the master cylinder not releasing properly so there is still pressure in the system. Does it happen all the time or just every now and again? When it does happen try giving the pedal a short sharp kick and see if it helps any. (just make sure there's not someone following too close behind)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea tried that mate and makes no difference iv greases and lubed the cross bar linkage too via the inspection hole ..

I did put a master cylinder on put it was from a breakers yard could be faulty ..

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Are ALL the brakes binding or just the fronts we did have 1 taxi a while ago same type of problem brakes dragging but it was only the front tried everything even a replacement ABS unit and to be honest we never did get to the bottom of it ended up trading it in for a new one !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts