Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought a 2011 308 1.6 E-HDI and have had a problem with the stereo where it shows silent if it is on radio or paused if it is on the CD player.

It has come out of silent a couple of times for a second or two when the car is braking but other than that it stays on silent.

I have removed the stereo to make sure all is connected properly and also disconnected the steering control to make sure it was not that.

Just wondering if anyone has got any ideas? Could it be loose connection inside the stereo?

The stereo model number is 96 766 652 XH 00. Trying to look for one on ebay with same model number but cannot find one.

· Registered
5,942 Posts
Usually just pressing volume up or down is enough to breing them out of mute / pause. Alternatively, try pressing both the vol up and down buttons on the remote stalk at the same time.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to purchase a second hand stereo from ebay. This fixed the silent mode issue however the radio will not tune in with this replacement unit and just gives a rushing sound. The CD player works fine. I have the beeping sound which indicates the stereo needs VIN coding, as the stereo is not coded to the car yet would you think this is why the radio will not tune in?

I know the stereo on the one that was stuck on silent mode is okay as it scans the radio stations ok.

Is this radio issue common on these stereos?

Thanks

· Registered
442 Posts
So now I've got another stereo off ebay and again the radio will not tune in. Not sure what is going on here. Can both replacement radios be faulty?

AM/MW stations seems to work fine.
Power to the amplifier in the base of the antenna connected? That's assuming the 308 has one, but it's unlikely not to, nowadays. (still, unless you're totally out in the sticks, I would've expected at least the big/strongest stations to be detected but probably not at brilliant quality...)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Power to the amplifier in the base of the antenna connected? That's assuming the 308 has one, but it's unlikely not to, nowadays. (still, unless you're totally out in the sticks, I would've expected at least the big/strongest stations to be detected but probably not at brilliant quality...)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not getting no reception at all.

I am pretty sure it is the replacement stereo's that are at fault as the original had a clear reception when it wanted to work.

The only other thing I could guess for the two replacement radios not working is if the units need to be VIN coded for the FM radio to work? I get the beeping as they are not VIN coded, but would this also affect the FM transmission if not coded?

Also, the part number I need is 96766652XH. Does this vehicle have to have the exact stereo with this part number or will others work also. Just not many 96766652XH about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.