Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket bluetooth handsfree kit already fitted to my P308stereo, but I need to get to it. I assumed standard din removal keys would get the stereo out, but even though they fit in the little holes, it ain't gonna budge.

I've been trawling the internet for advice, closest I found was an old thread on another forum (linky not included).
"Peugeot Central" said:
I got the radio out, eventually. You need to take four torxes out to do it.

Firstly remove the ashtray and the rubber mat that's below the ashtray.

Take out torxes counting from left the 2nd and the 5th, releases the trim around heater controls. Remove trim around heater controls.

This exposes two more torxes close to the temperature displays. These hold the tray under the radio in place. Remove these.

Work your hand up the back of the heater controls and you'll feel a straight piece of plastic which comes out the back of the tray, wiggle this and you can pop the tray out.

Now with the tray out you can use radio prongs to remove the radio.

if you try to take the radio straight out the two large clips at the bottom of the radio will break off.
Before I break anything, does anybody know if this is correct? Sounds a bit dodgy to me....take the heating control trim off to take the stereo out?!? What, surely they're having a laugh?!? :eek:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah this method worked on my old 307...but i wouldnt do it on a new car...what type of removal keys are you using? copy a link of halfrauds to show which ones.

if they are like the 307 you can use 2 screwdrivers, and they have to go quite deep to hit the latch.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm 99% sure the torx screws require removal, then it can be eased out with your fingers. Conventional DIN snatch pins won't do it, but I've never done it on a 308 so can't be 100%.

A browse of Servicebox should reveal the nature of the fastening method.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@cck2k9

I got my DIN removal keys on ebay, but I think they're the same as these from Halfrauds.

PS. I hope I'm not in trouble for posting links.

@chopper1192

Thanks for the headsup on Servicebox. I'll have a search through as soon as I get the chance and post any findings.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah just looked at those....and it is the same as the 307, get yourself two screwdrivers (that fit in the holes), or attempt to use 1 of those tools. do one side first, get that out, jam it and then attempt other side...i always find it alot easier to do that then both at same time...

what scares me is i have managed to get my sony headunit out of both my peugeot and ford, using 1 peice of a4 paper, no tools whatsoever....and the scary bit...im not a scouse :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ServiceBox says I just need the pins [Part no: 9021-T]. I guess it was worth checking!

I'll have a go at getting one side out at a time with screwdrivers or similar Thanks for the advice! :thumb:

EDIT: Got that wrong, I do need to remove the heater.

ServiceBox said:
2. Preliminary operations
Disconnect the battery .
Remove :
The CD changer (according to equipment)
The air conditioning control panel trim
What a kerfuffle.:(

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
that seems far to awkward to remove a headunit....but it must be true if it on servicebox...would of thought PSA made stuff like removing a head unit easy. well easy enough to remove but tough for theives

1 - 7 of 7 Posts