Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have installed a Sony cd player in my 307 (51reg) as the factory changer has packed up.

I used the ISO leads that came with the stereo which plugged straight into the cars, the only thing is that the stereo wont turn on/off with the ignition?
i've installed quite a few stereos over the years but have never come across this problem.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter??????

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same stereo (sony) worked fine in my old car and turned on/off with the ignition.

The factory Blaupunkt in the peugeot also turned on off with the ignition, so cant see it can any fuse.

Has any one else had this compatibility issue??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem with my 307 2002, installed a Pioneer in place of the Clarion head unit and blaupunkt 6 disc changer, all seems ok and sounds great but won't work from the ignition at all. Looks like it's a wiring issue with the 307, if you work it out mate please drop me a mail ([email protected])

I'll keep scouring the net for a fix or even buy myself another ISO cable and butcher it! :rolleyes:

Jody

·
Registered
256 Posts
Being a multiplexed wiring system the cd stacker needs to be enabled by the BSI download system, but aftermarket units will not function as factory standard units because the cars computer will not recongnise them full stop.
It is a pain, but check out my post on peugeot computers under General information.:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
its not a pain ;) Peugeot provides a simple solution to install a aftermarket radio in a VAN 307; just get the wireloam 970686 from your dealer and you aftermarket radio just work fine.
so no cutting in the original car wires, and no problems with the multiplex.

(peugeot provides this cable ever since the 307 came out...)

axl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.