Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I have a 2006 Peugeot 207 (1.6 16v Sport) which I have recently swapped the BSI and ECU on due to water ingress damaging the previous ones. The car is now working fine but I have a problem where the stereo constantly beeps when its turned on. Reading a few posts on this forum suggests that I need to get the BSI matched with the stereo.

A few local auto electrical places have given me mixed advice and prices for this and one suggested I need the "secret four digit code" from both the old and new BSI to complete this. Is this correct?

I also contacted my local Peugeot dealer and they stated they can do it but they want to charge me £90 to do it. Is this a normal price for this work as the previous posts I've read suggest its a relatively straight forward job. Also is anyone aware of anywhere near me (Caerphilly, South Wales) where I could get it done at a more reasonable price.

Many Thanks

Daniel

·
6,551 Posts
Find someone on the planet map they can code the new BSI VIN to the radio no security code needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've now located the Planet Map and contacted the Cardiff user. I'm currently awaiting their reply but fingers crossed they can help. I really don't want to have to give Griffin Mill £90 for a job that will no doubt take them 10mins to complete.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Radios are vin coded to the BSI so if BSI is changed the NEW vin code in the replacement BSI needs coded to the radio it really is that simple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts