Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

I have a 2006 Peugeot 207 (1.6 16v Sport) which I have recently swapped the BSI and ECU on due to water ingress damaging the previous ones. The car is now working fine but I have a problem where the stereo constantly beeps when its turned on. Reading a few posts on this forum suggests that I need to get the BSI matched with the stereo.

A few local auto electrical places have given me mixed advice and prices for this and one suggested I need the "secret four digit code" from both the old and new BSI to complete this. Is this correct?

I also contacted my local Peugeot dealer and they stated they can do it but they want to charge me £90 to do it. Is this a normal price for this work as the previous posts I've read suggest its a relatively straight forward job. Also is anyone aware of anywhere near me (Caerphilly, South Wales) where I could get it done at a more reasonable price.

Many Thanks

Daniel

·
9,746 Posts
Find someone on the planet map they can code the new BSI VIN to the radio no security code needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I've now located the Planet Map and contacted the Cardiff user. I'm currently awaiting their reply but fingers crossed they can help. I really don't want to have to give Griffin Mill £90 for a job that will no doubt take them 10mins to complete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.