Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all..
i have a 2011 1.6 hdi expert Professional .. i was just wondering . whether its possible to change / swap the steering wheel and keep the airbag and comms thinngy.. so that i dont need to have it plugged into planet etc.. is this possible or am i talking out my backside.. only been looking this stuff up today TBH...

thanks in advance..

Mark

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I had a quick look on Service Box.

There are 2 different leather steering wheels listed for these.

If you have the VIN for your van I could cross reference across the rest of the Peugeot / Citroen product ranges to see if anything else will fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...
its not really about which one fits.. i just want to know if there is a way of changing the steering wheel with out having to mess about plugging it in to planet ...

is it ok to post Vin numbers or do i need to pm them... ive only got 1 post you see...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
As long as you shut the electrical system down correctly before disconnecting the airbag & then reboot the system up correctly after you finish the repair it should be fine.

Remember to set the steering in the straight ahead position then slacken the steering wheel nut / bolt a few turns but DONT remove it from the end of the shaft.

Several smacks on the back of the wheel towards you to free it from the splines.

Then remove the nut / bolt & carefully remove the wheel.

Leaving the nut / bolt on stops the steering wheel suddenly breaking free & ripping the wiring out the COMM unit - also stops the wheel smacking you in the face when it breaks free ( seen it happen in the past :lol: )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for that,,, when you say shutting down the electrical system do you mean .. disconect the battery ..or is there more to it than that?
again any help would be appreciated..

mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts