Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you give me a tutorial on how to remove the steering wheel so that I can replace my com2003 unit. I don't want to blow my face off with the airbag by mistake!

C

·
0 Posts
At a guess...

Unlock car, wind windows down, disconnect battery, go have a cuppa and a Benson.

At least 15 mins later, look for the 2 or 3 small holes on the rear of the airbag unit. Poke in a slim screwdrive to disengage the clips and th 'bag should pop off. Thereks a possibility it is held on with Torx screws instead (I've never looked and moth methods are found on modern pugs).

Withdraw the airbag and unplug it. Place it somewhere safe, well away from any radio emissions.

Then undo the big nut on top of the column and place a steering wheel puller on it. If you've not got a puller, try yanking it off. However, if you do this place the nut back on a couple of turns to prevent you getting smacked in the fizzog, and be careful not to snap the splined end off the top of the column, as occasionally happens.

Remove COM unit, refit new one, replace wheel, bag and battery, and hook up to Planet for programming. Easy.

·
5,087 Posts
on mine there is a square hole at the rear of the wheel,when the wheels in the straight ahead position,insert a small screwdriver in the hole and push on the screwdriver and steering wheel at the same time,you'll get a little parp off the horn but nothing to worry about,as chopper says if your yanking the wheel off put the nut back on a few turns so you dont do the same as my son,who yanked the steering wheel off so violently he had the plug for the airbag off as well,caused some discussion about soldering it back on that,as chopper says tho i would let the car go to sleep before attempting any of this

·
Registered
10 Posts
@kembiff

Do you still have your old/damaged COM2003 ?

I am interested to buy one for front plastic case that contain the flex connector part if his cap is not opened.

please contact me.

thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, thank you for reply

Please be very careful when you remove the steering well so airbag and horn connectors will not be hoked because flex cap will move and will have the same problem like me.

if you need PSA service manual for COM2003 removal/install let me know and I can sen it to you
regards
L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts