Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbour recently had a new comm2000 unit fitted due to an issue he was having with the lights.

Anyway, the light issue is solved but ever since the new comm2000 hes been getting a esp fault.

I hooked it up to planet which reported a steering wheel angle sensor fault, i tried to calibrate it but it kept failing.

Checked the live parameters for the steering wheel angle sensor and it reports that the sensor it not operational and all values are stuck on 0.

What could the garage have done wrong?

Where is the steering wheel angle sensor?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
My neighbour recently had a new comm2000 unit fitted due to an issue he was having with the lights.

Anyway, the light issue is solved but ever since the new comm2000 hes been getting a esp fault.

I hooked it up to planet which reported a steering wheel angle sensor fault, i tried to calibrate it but it kept failing.

Checked the live parameters for the steering wheel angle sensor and it reports that the sensor it not operational and all values are stuck on 0.

What could the garage have done wrong?

Where is the steering wheel angle sensor?
the angle sensor is in the comms unit, sometimes the angle sensor can get damaged in the post, if he has his original faulty unit i could repair this for him see here COMM 2000 PEUGEOT 307,206,406 & CITROEN XSARA,BERLINGO INDICATOR & WIPER STALKS | eBay

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah right, I recon the garage will have binned the old unit.

They have told him the sensor is on the steering rack so its not something they could have caused

Is there a chance they could have fit a comm which doesnt have a angle sensor built in or would that not work at all?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Ah right, I recon the garage will have binned the old unit.

They have told him its nowt to do with them and the sensor is on the steering rack lol..

Is there a chance they could have fit a comm which doesnt have a angle sensor built in or would that not work at all?
yes is it possible have a search for the post about hot to tell if a comms unit has esp also have a read of the 10 points in my ebay listing, 100% the angle sensor is in the comms unit so i would take it back to garage and demand a refund or the fault repairing, if paid on a credit card and its over £100 then its covered under section 75 of the consumer credit act and the credit car company is just as liable for the purchase as the garage is, also the whole thing is covered under consumer rights act 2015 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

G

·
0 Posts
Just to add, you need to de-calibrate the sensor before you can re-calibrate it - takes 5 mins to do it all really.
Not sure if you knew this, though I would chip in...:eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried that.

I did uncalibrate first

Calibrate, message about driving 100 meters, drive straight in a line, press f3 to calibrate and it failed.

Tried to calibrate while driving straight, failed

Tried to calibrate stationary.

Tried every combo I could think of so, I checked parameters of the angle sensor and it said it wasn't working and non of the values were changing when moving the wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts