Peugeot Forums banner

Steering Rack Issue

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
Got a 1007 with just 9000 on the clock and had knock from steering n/s/f. turned out to be steering rack issue. took rack off and separated from electric motor and had it overhauled. refitted it and steering angle sensor warning now on. several questions/issues. firstly, when on full lock right hand down, wheel is rubbing inner arch though i thought i was careful putting rack back as it was! tracking it hasnt helped any. how do you centre steering rack? is it elctronically centred when the steering angle sensor is reset? can it be reset manually or do i have to go to Peugeot.

As a note, the motor is splined and can rotate all the way round, there is no keyway and there seems to be no markings. i marked everything before removing it. if the motor can rotate both ways infinately, how does it "learn" where to stop on full lock? is this due to angle sensor????

Any help will be much appreciated

G
#2 ·
Needs to go on Planet for this iIRC.

A lot of 1007s are suffering strange failures, mainly because most of them stood around in the open for several year prior to being sold. Check your build date on Servicebox against the date your car was registered and it'll explain a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.