Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of days ago i was checking under the car to see if i had anything loose and if anything didnt look right.

I found that my wheel arch liners were loose only held on by a couple clips.

But then i noticed a rubber boot that had clearly come of . It looks to be from the steering rack and i can see where its supposed to be covering.

definatly not the driveshaft, its the steering part, bars that go from the wheel to the rack,

Is this something that should be sorted ASAP as its a pretty big hole its left exposed.

Edit:

Ok i just had a look on google and found a post saying that steering rack fluid will need topped up.

Im i leaking steering rack fluid?

My steering pump doesnt sound any louder than normal, and i can see any fluid...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think your talking about inner tie rod boot, then after that its your tie rod with ball joint on the end of it.

Id change it sooner than later, you shouldn't lose power steering fluid though, unless your power steering rack is defective.

Inner tie rods are a pain to change unless you have the special tool.

If there is no in and out play on the track rod then i would.....
Mark the track rods position on the tie rod, then loosed the bolt, then undo the ball joint then unscrew the track rod, then remove inner tie rod boot, clean and re-grease inner tie rod, reinstall new boot, lots of people use cable ties, jubilee clips are better if you have space.

Job done.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its already had that done. Infact ive got the reciept here

Inner tie rod
NSF track rod end
OSF track rod end
Alignment

I need to get the aligment done again because it wasnt a 4 wheel aligment.

it was done about a month ago

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wtf post disapeared,

its already had all that done a month ago

inner tie rod
nsf track rod end
osf track rod end
wheel alighment
puncture repair

to the sum of £150

Im going elsewhere for wheel aligment in the near future as its obviously only had front wheels done, i really need 4 wheel aligment.

Edit:

Not a crack at the garage who done the aligment as i know not all places have the equipment to do a full 4 wheel aligment plus @ £25 i wouldnt expect it to be either

·
5,863 Posts
If the garage did that inner tie rod get them to fix it. If not steering on full lock wipe inside boot and tie rod joint area smear with hmp grease and refit boot with jubilee clip should be fine

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they did the inner tie rods, ill need to check the other side.

no sign of a jubilie clip, ill probably to it myself im skinny enough that i should be able to get undernearth without jacking up the car.

get some jubilee clips and do it properly

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
its not as easy as you think. it took longer for me to fit the boots then to do the whole job

you wont need 4 wheel alignment the rears arent adjustable. get a hunter alignment the ones at kwikfit etc are rubbish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts