Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. Ive had my 206 (1999) for about 5 months now and ever since i got it, its had dodgy steering. When im doing say 30 or 40 round a bend in the road, turning steering wheel slowly, all of a sudden it has kind of a notch in the steering and it turns sharply aiming me for the curb, where i have to quickly turn away. It also nocks from the front right, which i think that is a suspension arm.
any help is appreciated
Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Andy
I guess that it is a power steering version, if so is the header tank full up to the mark? The pipes aren't kinked are they, or trapped by moving parts of the steering?

If it is neither of the above then this sounds quite dangerous, and I would get it into a garage quickly for them to inspect it. Sounds like the suspension may have had a bash, or something is loose. Could be the steering rack is loose or has an internal problem? My old 206's steering has always been very responsive and smooth, there certainly is something not right here. :nono:

Hope you get it sorted
Cheers
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.