Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm new to the forum,

I have just taken my 1.6 hdi estate out for a drive having only picked it up from a private sale on Friday to find the car has 'unprecise' steering. There's also a knocking coming from under the car after any small bump in the road.

I jacked up the front wheels individually and found '3-9 o'clock' play on both wheels (seems to be from the inner end of the steering rack) but no play 'i could see or feel' at '6-12 o'clock'.
With a lever bar under the bottom of the slightly jacked up wheel and someone else pressing this up and down,i couldn't see or hear any play to.

Also i can hear that the cv joints are worn when on full lock and the clutch is quite high..

So i'm asking,

A. Should i change the steering rack or just the track rods/steering arms?
B. Would it be worth changing the track rod ends,lower ball joints and the drop links on both sides?
C. Whilst doing this work would it be the right time to change the CV joints?
D. If this work is being done,is it the right time to do the clutch(just in case), or hold out until it starts to suffer from slipping??

Any help or advice would be greatfully received..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know about your other problems, but I think the clutch being high is quite common. I've had my 307 for three years now, and the clutch was high when I bought it. It's still going strong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Janner,

At least thats something that i may be able to scribble off the list for a little while..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts