Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new to the forum but have already used some of the tips I've found on here like the intermitent horn fix, which worked a treat :thumb: . I have a 307 1.4HDI 51 reg which I've had for just under a year now and it's got it's MOT next week. I have the common comms 2000 indicator problem which I'm hoping will be ok for the mot but I have a problem with the steering. It works fine but when I'm stationery and go lock to lock i can here a knocking sound like a deep DONG DONG DONG. It seems to happen when it's been rainng but not when it's dry. I've cheked and topped up the resevoir but I'm wondering if I need the steering rack replaced. Is it a big expensive job or can it be done by a your average DIY home mechanic?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Its the bearing on top of your front strutt, had to replace both of mine ,can`t mind how much but would think £30-£40 each at any car parts shop , any half decent mechanic can change them , i would advise to do them both, the noise and feeling is like winding a spring up and letting it go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts