Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 306 turbo diesel r reg. I have developed a problem with the steering when turning right. After turning the wheel approximately a quarter of a turn to the right when travelling, all of a sudden it sort of grabs and turns sharper than it should. It doesn't happen when turning to the left. I have replaced the rack, filled and bled the power steering fluid using dexron 2 fluid, had new track rod ends, lubricated the ujs, and had the tracking done. I don't know what else to try so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. As far as I could tell the rack was centred when I fitted it but that does sound like a possible explanation. Do you know if there is a way that I can check this?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I've heard from someone in the past that ABS/Speed sensors could cause steering issues. Don't quote me to anything though, it's just something I've heard that was investigated once upon a time and replacing the sensor seemed to have fixed the issue. it might be a long shot, but if you're running out of ideas, it could be worth looking at....

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
Rear bush on lower arm could be the cause as could wear in the lower ball joint location hole in the hub they get worn oval and move around even if the pinch bolt is tight they can still move !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will take a look at the bushes when I can get it over the pit, as for bottom ball joints I did replace them not long back but didn't check the actual hole so maybe worth a shot. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts