Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 307 sw 5 doors 2005. Recently I have once in a while steering stiffness when I am driving, I took the car to the garage, They checked everything related to the steering (that it is what they told me!!). The problem dissapear if I turn the car off and then switch it on.

Does anybody know what is causing this.....before I will take again the car to the garage.

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
RUthere said:
I have an 307 sw 5 doors 2005. Recently I have once in a while steering stiffness when I am driving, I took the car to the garage, They checked everything related to the steering (that it is what they told me!!). The problem dissapear if I turn the car off and then switch it on.

Does anybody know what is causing this.....before I will take again the car to the garage.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Firstly have you checked the power steering reservoir to make sure there is enough fluid?

If your Power Steering Fluid is low this will almost certainly be your problem. Other than that it could be almost anything from the power steering pump,the steering rack, the CV joints etc. Another possibility that comes to mind is the possibility of a contaminate in the power steering fluid.In colour It should be similar to 'rose' wine but even if it is,unfortunatley that doesn't mean that it's not contaminated.

for this kind of problem it really has to be seen and felt. I would urge you to get this checked out as soon as is possible,because should your steering seize up completley you will be Donald Ducked!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

I have the same problem with the same year and model. It started a week ago and has occurred twice. After shutting off the car for a few minutes the stiffness goes away. I brought it to the garage and they are having problems identifying the cause because it isn't showing symptoms. I was wondering if RUthere solved the problem or if there is anyone else with the stiffness problem who can help. Thanks. Michael.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts