Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope someone can help.
I have a 107, 2006 5door, diesel, LHD in Spain.
The power steering stops for no apparent reason and no fault code is stored. If I unplug the 4 multi connectors to the ECU under the dash it will work again, maybe for a day maybe for a month.

I Believe the ecu is intermittent, maybe the relays? Any thoughts?
Next problem is the replacement. There are 4 variants, depending on LHD RHD Petrol and Diesel.
I can get a 2nd hand diesel RHD cheap. Peugeot want over £600 for one then have to programme a new one in!
My guess is, there is no difference between the four, its just for accounting purposes they know which models fail more. Maybe the diesel ones are programmed to give a little more assistance at parking speed because of the extra weight? But what difference does LHD and RHD make?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rob

C

·
0 Posts
You almost certainly need a new steering ECU. This can afflict earlier models - not frequently enough to get the hordes all excited, but often enough to raise an eyebrow. Keep your eye on ebay as they often crop up for £50-£60 or so. You need to replace like-for-like.

As a point of interest to us in Blighty, 107 Diseasels never made it to the UK - Cit sold less than 1000 diesel C1's in 5 years, so pug never bothered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for the info.
I thought it would be the ECU.
The problem is, you never see LHD or diesel ones on there. There is a diesel RHD one from a citroen on there now for £150. I am just not sure aboyt it being RHD and mine being a left hooker. I can believe there is any difference though, if you turn left you turn left no matter where the steering wheel is

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts