Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.
I broke the ribbon cable on my comms 2000 unit on my 2005 307 Xsi a while back (The newer type unit).
Managed to pull it apart and fix the problem, horn, airbags etc are just fine (the headlight problem was in my imagination lol) however there is a lingering problem with the steering angle sensor which leads to an ESP fault light.

PP2000 shows the angle set at 5800 degrees rotation,
re calibration fails and there is an error logged saying fault - incoherent data,
live readout parameters show that the sensor never deviates from 5800 degrees rotation even when the steering wheel is turned.

This leads me to believe the problem is a physical issue, maybe I missed something when putting the comms unit back in or back together. I'm having real trouble finding anything out about the unit itself and what/where the steering angle sensor is...

I was planning to do a write up with pictures on how to fix the problem but am not happy with giving instruction if it leads to a problem I dont understand and therefore could lead to people breaking their comms units :(

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best regards

-Chris

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Afternoon all.
I broke the ribbon cable on my comms 2000 unit on my 2005 307 Xsi a while back (The newer type unit).
Managed to pull it apart and fix the problem, horn, airbags etc are just fine (the headlight problem was in my imagination lol) however there is a lingering problem with the steering angle sensor which leads to an ESP fault light.

PP2000 shows the angle set at 5800 degrees rotation,
re calibration fails and there is an error logged saying fault - incoherent data,
live readout parameters show that the sensor never deviates from 5800 degrees rotation even when the steering wheel is turned.

This leads me to believe the problem is a physical issue, maybe I missed something when putting the comms unit back in or back together. I'm having real trouble finding anything out about the unit itself and what/where the steering angle sensor is...

I was planning to do a write up with pictures on how to fix the problem but am not happy with giving instruction if it leads to a problem I dont understand and therefore could lead to people breaking their comms units :(

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best regards

-Chris
try DE calibrate the recalibrate

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was de-calibrated a while back however this failed and the option to de-calibrate no longer seems available/I cant find it on PP2000.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
It was de-calibrated a while back however this failed and the option to de-calibrate no longer seems available/I cant find it on PP2000.
take the unit off and split it then after taking the airbag ring off turn the white bit underneath the airbag ring just turn it one full turn one way and see what that does if that does not make a difference try two full turns the other way if that don't work then try 4 full turns the other way the 5 the other way and you should get the jist by now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts